We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I was watching the "preview edition" of Ghostbusters at the cinema the other week and in it was a deleted scene where some fans come up to Dan Ackroyd and Bill Murray (in character)| and ask for their autographs. The actors then spend a few seconds signing, long enough for me to think that they were doing it for real. It made me wonder where those sigs are now? Were they kept by the extras at the end of the day or were they thrown away? Probably the latter.

A shortented version of the scene can be seen here, https://youtu.be/_oxUh502rzU?si=qCIelx7NWXvFf9yi&t=521

Probably more interesting is a tidbit from Carrie Fisher's autobiography, according to her shortly after Star Wars came out the three main actors started receiving autograph requests from fans and all three (Fisher, Hamill and Ford) spent the next few months repling together as their schedule would allow. She doesn't explictly say why they stopped but we can draw some conclusions from the fact then she starts a mini rant about people lying with a sob story to get an autograph the very next paragraph as a clue.

Any other strange autographs? The Beatles seem to be the poster guys for this with the sheer amount if "I was walking down the road and John, Paul, Grorge and Ringo bumped into me anbd just happened to have my copy of the white album with me" stories out there. 

Views: 250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There’s a young actress that has been in a couple of television adverts here in the U.K.  She’s by no means famous, but my girlfriend and I had noticed her and joked about how she claims to be two completely different people in these ads.

Then, last Christmas, I received a text from my girlfriend saying I’d never guess who she’d run into at work.  My girlfriend is a conservator at a large stately home, and the house was putting on an event over Christmas for children.  Anyway, this same girl from the ads, Charly B, was one of the actors in the show.

A couple of days later, my girlfriend brought home the daily sign-in sheet for the actors, which had been completed by Charly B.  It was a joke gift for me, but I kept it anyway.  You never know when these people will make the jump to megastardom.

That appears all one hand to me.

That's special.

I remember a story where someone got President Obama to sign their iPad. It was opened to the doodle app so Obama signed it using his finger creating a digital signature. 

Don’t know how to post this as a photo so a link is the best I can do. 

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/20...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service