THE PHILOSOPHY OF MODERN SONG: SIGNED EDITION by Bob Dylan (Not Cheap!)

Views: 31137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I spoke to Indigo Live chat last night and have received an e mail reply, they have escalated it to management and are looking into it and have said they will reply within 3-5 days as it would be nice to know as I'm in the UK too. 

I raised that it has been brought to light on various forums online that there is a suggestion that these may not be hand signed but autopenned, which could be a ploy to make customers cancel their orders to make more available, then again it could be true and I asked for definitive proof that they have been hand signed by Bob - i.e. photographic or video evidence...... maybe everybody else should contact them.

I have also contacted Indigo live chat and stressed the need to know before they are sent out

Thanks Michelle, please let us all know as soon as you hear back.

I found this thread on reddit. not much info but it should be added here

https://www.reddit.com/r/bobdylan/comments/y9e6nn/signed_bob_dylan_...

oh dear, .  Has anyone  who lives in Canada been able to get through to their PR department if this is the case?   Just a thought

It looks to me like a pre-printed title page that will be on each and every book, no?   I'd expect a hand signed bookplate for those of us that ordered on Indigo.  I don't think Bob is going to be in a room with a ton of actual books.  He's in Europe at the moment anyways. 

It says on the title page that it’s a signed edition in which the title page has been bound by the publisher. 

Doesn't mean there isn't another page. I'd expect something like the face value book from 2014.  If not we just get a refund.   They still have time to make it right. 

Tip-in page pre-signed and bound afterwards. Regardless if it turns out to be autopen or not. This is mostly how its done these days unless its an in-store signing. 

If indigo indeed finds out these are autopen, with enough backlash right now, its possible Dylan could sign a bunch of bookplates to be added on, on top of the autopen, before these ship out. 

Its probably best we all give indigo hell right now, specifically the one mentioned earlier located in Waterloo Ontario.. make them give us answers before these start shipping. Otherwise, all we are doing is wasting time speculating

that  would be a good idea because otherwise they are going to deal with negative backlash  and a hugh number of returns

Its really all I see as being our next step. After today, we all deserve answers, regardless if they end up being real or not.. especially for the price we paid.. indigo and the publisher at this point are the only ones who can tell us exactly what's going on.. if they are truthful about it.. if we show them the leaked photos, they have to figure this out. Its either tell us the truth and make sure we will all end up happy, or lose a ton of money on shipping back and forth, because no one will pay for that out of their own pocket

I'm holding out hope! Bob's crew run the tightest ship possible and I'm optimistically assuming them and indigo are both aware of the gravity of offering up something hand signed by him.   I have a hand signed (in pencil) mondo scripto print from castle fine art that looks a lot like that screenshot of the book that's been going around.  Best wishes to everyone here!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service