We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Last week I was keeping an eye on 3 items in the latest Iconic Auctions sale.  I had seen all 3 on eBay recently and was surprised to see them on in the holiday auction at Iconic.  All three had pretty hefty starting bids. I took a chance on one but was outbid.  

Ove this weekend, I noticed that all 3 (including the one I was outbid on) are now back up on eBay at the higher prices that they were originally listed at under the user id "autographs-for-sale".  This happened to me once before on an item I was outbid on in the monthly Iconic auction where I saw it before and after the auction on eBay

On top of it, since I have been a registered bidder, I am getting monthly phone calls on the day of the auction from Iconic.  I never answer the calls but they keep on coming every month...never leaving a message.  They seem to be trying to drum up business on the evening of their auction.

At this point, I'm thinking I'll never waste the time again in participating in this nonsense. It seems as though I'll be "outbid" every time in their auctions and every time items will be back up on eBay a day or so later.  

Why is Iconic even believing that this is a good thing to keep a loyal following?  I'm sure there are others like myself who are looking both at their site and at eBay and noticing this "broken record" skipping over and over again.

Are they really serious about the integrity of their "house auctions"?  Any others have a similar experience?

Views: 2558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jared Mast is the owner of Autographs-for-Sale. Jared is a long-time employee of Iconic Auctions. They operate out of the same facility last I heard. Jared is not an owner of Iconic and Jeff Woolf is not an owner of A-f-S as far as I know.

Here are two items that have been at Iconic Auctions MANY times -- and then turn up again at Press Pass on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bob-Dylan-Authentic-Signed-1959-Hibbing-Hi...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beatles-4-Lennon-McCartney-Signed-1965-Hel...

The Help Album sold for 40 grand on eBay in 2019.  

The Dylan Yearbook sold for 5 grand at RR Auction in 2019. 

About a year ago, I was looking for a specific autograph and saw a nice example with PressPass.  I inquired about it over the phone and shot them an offer that wasn't that far off what they had it listed for.  

The PressPass guy I spoke to said he need to talk to his "manager".  It kind of felt like buying a used car and I said "thanks anyway".

Don't some of these places share a common address?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service