We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Would you (or wouldn't) restore Paul and Ringo's signatures on this item if you owned it?

This John and George signed item from 1967 was recently posted on Tracks. It is noted that Paul and Ringo also signed It, but had sadly faded. 

You can still see where both Ringo and Paul signed. Just a curiosity question for the group. Would you have this restored or keep as is? 

Views: 1335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

respectfully disagree with your blanket statement that items fifty years old are going to need restoration in one form or other.  Obviously, some will and clearly this one does.

They wern't making archival ,The Beatles lps back in the day or programmes, paper would also be full of chemicals. So eventually you'll be left with the dead Sea Scrolls. Most need resto's ask the experts who deal with these items.

Being able to see Paul and Ringo’s signatures would likely add value to the piece. Restoring the signatures is not so much altering them in any way it’s making them visible again.  The restorer would not add anything that wasn’t there in the first place so no alteration.  Similar to restoring a grand master painting - it’s not said this painting has been altered  its said the painting has been restored back to its original form.  Even if it’s not done by the original artist!  And of course you would document, when the restoration was done and by whom - it becomes part of the items history.

Personally, I would pay a bit more and purchase Bruce’s set.  

I've watched restored The Beatles sets sell for tens of thousand to 100 thousand. 

You'd just need a photo of how they were originally for the restorer.

I see collectors get the Beatles white lps restored all the time because they have a lowish number on them.

Paul hakiman had his Lennon and Ono signed photo restored because it had a tear in it and it's a wonderful item.

That’s a different situation because the restoration didn’t affect the signatures. Similarly, repairing tack holes on a concert poster is different than restoration in the image area.

The question is if you own a valuable The Beatles signed album or programme and the ink is slowly detiorating ,would you have you item restored or let it go to the dogs. I'm not talking about buying a set.

Mandez's work.

Jaime Mendez does great restoration work from what I hear. Unfortunately, a lot of his great work is sold by others without telling the buyer what the truth is.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service