We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

signed in 1963

The P at the bottom is where Paul went to sign again. 

Has anyone ever had any dealings with 

International Autograph Auctions?

reverse of card autographs are on:

Tags: 1963, Beatles, autographs, from

Views: 1586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just received this email response from Tracks Uk:

"Dear Paul,

We do not offer third party certificates but the signatures are fine."

Jason Cornthwaite 
TRACKS LTD. - PO Box 117, Chorley, Lancashire
ENGLAND, PR6 0QR
TEL: +44 (0) 1257 269726 - FAX: +44 (0) 1257 231340
jason@tracks.co.uk

www.tracks.co.uk

www.TracksAuction.com

Hi everyone,
I've had emails from tracks UK confirming the John Lennon is authentic. Also, roger epperson has said the set is authentic.

All the best,
Rob

To be frank, I think this thread has got a bit out of hand and was not such a good idea in the first place. If two members want to buy and sell between each other that is fine but I don't think they should use this group as a kind of arbitrator - especially if this is not disclosed at the beginning.

If the buyer trusts the item and the seller he or she should just go ahead and buy it. If in doubt he or she should ask the seller to get more evidence - for instance the email confirmations from Tracks and Roger that we are now hearing about.

Throwing such items out for broad discussion is a recipe for disaster. In this case it seems that both the buyer and seller were convinced this was real and didn't want to hear contrary opinions - so what is the point of asking?

Tracks, Roger and co. all seem to be regarded as infallible so if Tracks had already agreed to buy it why are other opinions needed?

I've said my bit so I can get off my high horse now.

By the way, what is the Lennon referred to in Rob's last post?

At least the truth was established in the end, I guess you will always get some silly people on open forums who in reality, turns out knows nothing, just about realising the ones who know their stuff and ignoring the crazy ones.

Paul, everyone is entitled to their opinion. it does not mean that person knows nothing.  Personally, I am not swayed by anyone's opinion, I still would not want to own these. I would prefer one where there is no doubt, and there is doubt with these.  but you are looking for a bargain, so maybe this is it.  I wish you luck.

Mr. Williams and Mr. Terrier are HIGHLY respected here.

I didn't mean that some people know nothing, just obviously very little about this particular set on this thread, I mean to describe the autographs as "awful forgeries" is obviously incorrect, which would make me question a persons knowledge in this specific area, not in general, just like I say in this specific area, there's nothing wrong in holding your hands up and accepting you misjudged something, would respect someone more for doing it to be honest.

So as you still have doubt, does this mean that you do not accept Roger epperson and Tracks UK (2 opinions that I would described as HIGHLY respected around the world) judgement on these? A bold call but of course I respect your opinion 

Im figuring your response was for Terrier. The scratchy Harrison looked strange to me also but Im still studying Beatles sigs. Know easy fakes but don't  opine on trickier ones. Real or not , only what I would do now, I would get another set. You obviously have money to spend. Wait and get yourself something really nice,no question authentic. Tracks site, Caiazzo, Cox,Strawberry Walrus come up with new stuff all the time.

I think the idea behind opinions is to listen to what someone says, but use your own best judgement on what you are hearing and seeing. It is unfair to criticize someone else's opinion, especially that of people who have seen countless examples and aren't charging to give there opinions.

Yep, they could be real, I think it's a set too hard to say for certain. I wouldn't want to have because I'd always have doubts about it.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service