We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This is very disturbing......www.sportscollectibles.com

I just had a really weird and unsettling experience. 

I currently have a signed item that I am selling on eBay to (hopefully) raise some funds for another piece I have had my eye on. The piece I have listed is signed by a person that I have great interest in. Periodically, I do a Google search of their name adding "autograph" to see if anything pops up of them fresh to the market.

Tonight I was floored to see my item on eBay come up on Google....except it's not my listing and it's not on eBay. Instead, it's being offered on a website by a business who is not me, that I don't know and have never done business with. The website is www.sportscollectibles.com. Also, the price on their website is almost three times the amount that I have set as a Buy It Now on eBay but they have a "markdown" on it which is still twice what I am asking for it on eBay.  On top of all of that, they have used the scan of the piece that I provided on eBay on their site....as well as taking information that I provided in my description to use 

As I say, I do not have this piece on commission with www.sportscollectibles.com and actually have never heard of them until this evening.

What's going on here?  Anyone have any experience with this company?  Are they scammers?  Also, what would be your advice on what I might do?

Thanks!

Here is their website...it's pretty slick.

Sports Memorabilia & Autographed Sports Collectibles

Views: 1839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thats common if they sell it they will buy it from u and flip it. ive seen auction houses do it also

does it really matter as long as u sell your itiem

people buy on her on speck to flip /

hold an itiem try to sell it if not realese it, darn, people even go as far as to buy it try to flip then try to return it if they can.

If a potential novice buyer sees your eBay item on that site they could conclude your is a copy or a fake etc. It is the theft and use of the images that bothers me, not the money.

i have no problem 

people have stealing my proof photos for years and my images. 

anyone can buy or sell my crap as long as i get paid  .

iys modernt techno;ogy i stopped worring about stuff that it cant stop . to much other stuff to deal with im selling way to much to bother

I am sensitive to this issue as I have had very rare images from my collections use to sell books without my permission or payment. Relentless invoices to publishers can work wonders. Other times folks scan items before they sell and attempt to use them after selling them to me - in that case they are devaluing my images and I've yet to not be able to stop such use.

Plus there is just something really wrong with sportscollectibles stating on their website that the item is in stock when it is not with them and they have no rights to it to represent it being in their stock. 

Also alarming now that we have an idea of what's going on is that they have no clue on their end as to who the eBay seller is that they are lifting it from to market on their site.

Not to mention that the seller on eBay who they have pirated the images and descriptions from has done all the work to basically do a listing for them to make a profit from.....all without the seller's knowledge.

It's a Fanatics owned site..do to Steiner's old site and it's the same thing as Fanatics bought out Steiner..they just try and make money if people aren't savvy enough to realize it's the same item on eBay

Yes, apart from image theft there is also the whole "people getting taken advantage of" aspect that I object to - I want no part of that regardless of my selling my item for what I am asking.

I don't have a problem with them charging those prices. They try hard to only offer real stuff and they have a legit lifetime guarantee. It's offering the inventory of other without permission that I think is wrong.

Just to update this thread, 10 days ago I inflated the price of my item over the price they were selling it for.  I checked this morning and they have now almost doubled the price.  I may add something in my description that this item is a one of a kind piece, to see if it helps any potential buyer from getting burned.

Hi stevo-

I'm not sure I understand how that would help..saying it is one of a kind.  They would claim the same if they had an inquiry. In fact, they basically did when a friend of mine inquired via theirchat feature about one of the items that is mine from eBay.

They also said they had my item right before them after requesting it to be pulled from one of their warehouses so they could give more detailed info. about it.

You make a good point, that is, they are not going to be upfront. and as you stated even fabricated their response, it would not matter if I wrote anything into the description, as they would refute/ insist that theirs is the legitimate item.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service