We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ever since this rookie phenom broke into the league his autographs/cards have been a hot product. As of now I am the only person I know of who has studied Puig's autograph extensively around here so I felt the need to share some exemplars. I have exposed tons of Puig forgeries on this site, and will continue to do so. PSA/DNA listed Puig in their "Top 10 Most Forged Autographs" of 2013. IMHO about 15%-20% of Puig "autographs" on eBay at any given time are truly authentic.

In order to help, I am sharing some authentic exemplars, as well as some forgeries to help train your eyes. 

AUTHENTIC EXAMPLES:

OLD SIG: 

Authentic Flats:

Authentic Balls:

*NOTE: Towards the end of his rookie season, Puig started signing the side-panel WAY MORE often than the sweet spot. (Forgers have taken note of this as well)

Cards:

Authentic Helmets:

Some 2014 Spring Training autographs, his sig is evolving already:

Now I will share some FORGERY examples. Please note, I have seen forgeries certified by PSA/DNA as well as JSA. With Puig being such a new superstar, even the big authenticators are going to make their mistakes so be very careful. There are TONS of forgeries certified by Global Authentics

I will try and keep this updated as much as I can. Be very careful when purchasing a Yasiel Puig autograph. Remember, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." Also remember that a "COA" is just a piece of paper, and any seller not mentioning the COA is probably a scammer. 

Tags: Dodgers, Puig, Yasiel, autograph, exemplars

Views: 4553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2015 signed 2/18...One of these is going to someone i know...Hmmm

Thought he doesn't sign the sweet spot???

And here's an end of the 95 season Jeter signed card, Ryan! He was called up in sept that year(besides earlier in the season shortly due to an injury) and they finished a series here where he played in one of three games! Huge difference from what I got in person to your opinion!!

Let the gang unit!
Attachments: No photo uploads here

thank you for the Jeter history, in a discussion that features Puig signatures.  

Your welcome!
As puig NEVER signs the sweetspot!?! At least that's what the person who studies puig, mattingly, etc said but I'm looking at a ball signed on the sweetspot....weird!
I knew Cool & the Gang would come out!!

I thought this site had a real name policy now..Sports you are not contributing anything to this discussion or others.Pretty sure you probably had some forgeries pulled or something and now your just mad bruh.

Don't even have Puig's nor am I worried about getting one. He hasnt even proven anything as a player but that he plays for the dodgers and is so far overhyped! Everyone seems to think everyone's such a hard auto...not always the case!

And obviously I was approved so don't know what to tell you. And if you read anything outside of one persons opinion and stories of hanging out with Tom Dick & Harry...you'd know I did this as a kid as a hobby! But anyone can go on eBay and post that others stuff on here as being fake....which actually is DEFAMATION of the person(s) business and he could easily be sued if the person knew! Whether fake or not its Ryan's opinion!

But I'm sure if you read other things outside of his posts you'd see I've helped others on way more fronts than just saying I did a study of don mattingly and puig...then have a different mattingly appear, then say he had never seen that and say puig never signs the sweet spot and then he does.....raises questions to me about his wealth of knowledge!

Wow...an S! Must feel special!
And people ie kids....whom do this for a hobby or go to games maybe once a year and not to resell like probably some on here do.....do get cheap cards signed. Reference my jeter card! That was the last month of baseball so their werent photos out yet. And a couple of years off from the start of eBay!

Not every person who goes to a game or goes for autographs has a baseball or something other than a card. And the people whom get super expensive cards signed aren't keeping them in their collection, their going right on eBay, as their mostly older people whom can afford to buy the card! So to say people who get cheap cards signed is like saying the sky is green! People do get cheap cards signed.....I've got one 3k count box filled with autographed cards and more once everything is organized!

Yeah times have changed so people now mostly get baseballs, etc signed but the avg person sometimes only has a cheap card! Not everyone is a autograph hound/seeker/seller!

It was never said Puig never signs the sweet spot. Only he seems to sign side panels more often lately. Isnt there something better to argue about?

Is there a point of you being on this website? 

Sports n stuff yesterday he signed a few sweetspots but signed everything you had for him

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service