1965 Brian Jones Autograph from UK. Opinions on this would be so much apreciated!!!

Hi!  This piece is something I purchased just Nov on ebay for $445. + $50 shipping fees, customs charge, whatever.  I am seriously in want to know if this is genuine.  All opinions are welcome.  At first, a little history is required about this piece, the seller has sent me a photo of the autographed book the signature is on.  There were, in fact, several autographs like Ingrid Pitt now deceased.  Thank you.

Tags: 1965, Brian, Jones, Rolling, Stones, guitarist

Views: 1544

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

That's my old set.

Hi Nicholas,

I thought you meant the photo of the auction lot as supposedly sold was shown here? I have seen this image here - I worked on it for you. I still don't understand this "secret rule" that the seller insists prevents him almost legally from simply telling you the auction house name. Instead he says "if people knew where this stuff came from, I'd never sell anything" along with his other unusual comments and more. I can't remember the other but it was a zinger. And the "proof" he sent is a photocopy of an unknown auction page with all relevant data scratched out. He said/did some things that seem quite bizarre to me - I feel I am forgetting another winning statement...

It's a mystery to me Erick.  But hopefully all the good comments here can explain away the oddities which you brought out.

Hi Nicholas,

I did not bring them out - I think you are ignoring some signals from the things you have told me this seller has said etc. As far as his saying he can not divulge any information about where he ontained it because of some "rule" - well, he has no problems saying where he buys other items - like Bonhams. Now you say he actually does not have a proper return policy? Also, searching this seller here, he is said to have "a mixed bag" of good and bad, and an endless supply of rare items. Right now he has three different Hendrix autographs, TWO or more Hendrix Experience stage equipment items, Mercury, Rhoads, another Brian Jones with a lock of his hair...I don't know. I am NOT saying all that stuff is bad. I do note several only come with copies of "proof" as yours. A letter from the seller stating he bought it at an auction and seeing the lot in a catalog are rather different.

Nice Paul, I am studying it!

I can't recall the sellers other odd statements, but they gave me pause. I want to see the auction photo. I want to know the auction house that sold it. Why must this be secret as he says he "can not reveal it". I say BS. Why was all relevant data scratched out on the copy images given as proof? ? What law - what policy prevents him from telling you the auction house to assuage any concerns? I can make an image of a photocopied auction page that shows anything you want.

I wish I knew Erick, unfortunately, this is the auction house's wishes - to be kept silent.   For whatever reason, as long as this signature is genuine I don't really care.

Sellers actions and behavior do not suggest anything good to me. What he says about not being allowed to tell you the name of the auction house is BS, if you choose to believe it. Sellers are there to sell - they will say things to assist this. Some will say anything. Trust must be earned.

"I wish I knew Erick, unfortunately, this is the auction house's wishes - to be kept silent." - Nicholas

NO, Nicholas. That is what you are being told and that is apparently what you are believing. I say it is pure BS. Anyone have other info? You have no idea what the auctions houses wishes are, if any, as this seller simply refuses to tell you where he got it so you can not verify it - why?? I simply do not believe there is some law or policy that is "preventing him" and that "he must adhere to" - odd that is regarding the authenticity, no?

You wrote that the seller said "Basically he says the auctions would never give details to anyone.  They never do it, it's against policy." 

And, "That's just how it is they have rules, you never know the lady may have died & it may be her children who consigned it.  It could have been found in her belongings, there are a thousand reasons why  it may have been put there; we  will never know."

Is he even answering the questions you asked? NO. Why can't you even know which auction house it was? How(why) is seller "protecting himself" as you say he claims, by refusing to say even what auction house it was from?

Get rogers opinion!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service