We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

A very rare hand signed photo by Winston S. Churchill circa 1940s

I thought you guys would like to know that a very rare hand signed photo by Winston S. Churchill is being sold at a very low start. Churchill has hand signed the photo at the bottom of the photo, in pen, "W.S. Churchill". The dimensions of the signed photo are 3.5 inches by 5.5 inches. The photo itself is by Vivienne of London--which has their stamp on the reverse of the photo--and is also in excellent condition for its age. The signed photo also includes the original transmittal letter that accompanied it, on "Chartwell" stationary, which states that the signed photo was sent "with Mr. Churchill's Thanks and Good Wishes".

The link to the item is as follows: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331060702725?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&...

Views: 841

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't submitted it for authentication, because I have no doubts regarding its authenticity. As stated in the auction, I provide a full money back guarantee--so I have no problems if the buyer submits the item to an authenticator. The signed photo also comes with the original transmittal letter from "Chartwell".

Over my ten years of dealing in autographs, I have seen a number of examples of the same type of signed photo of Churchill. In fact, Max Rambod is selling the same type of signed Churchill photo--with a bolder signature--on ebay currently: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Winston-Churchill-Signed-Photo-/22102421385...

I can't comment on Max's postage costs.

In regards to my Churchill signed photo, it is definitely rare to find a reasonably priced item of this quality on the market. If the signature was bold and clear on the signed photo, I would be expecting the market value, which is easily $3000 plus.

David,

This forum really isnt the place for this. There is a buying and selling forum you can post in with these type of things. But every single post i have seen from you is hyping one of your own items or a friends item. 

Agreed Carl, this is not the first time you have been advised of this from memory. Best of luck with your selling but please do keep it to the right forum. 

It is a quality item at a reasonable price--I'm merely putting it out there.

Agreed if genuine it is a great item David. However, as you are the seller it should only go in buy/sell/trade otherwise we would have hundreds of posts only from people selling items

I can assure you that is definitely genuine. I also appreciate that you recognise that it is a quality item.

Why do we have a BST if its hardly used? 

It isn't easy to find.

Before any more is said on this, Steve and I are discussing how to handle this, because it is not consistent on the forum.  We might consider making a buy sell trade area in discussions/forum, for listing items - occasionally.   And David is correct in that the buy sell trade group is hard to find or see. 

However at the same time David, listing an item or two for sale on the forum is one thing, but if your going to come in and only have discussions pointing to your eBay sales, it won't be tolerated.  You have never contributed to the site at all other than to sell your eBay items (can you imagine if that was allowed for everyone here, the site would be overrun with eBay notices).   And then counting down the hours (only 4 hrs left, only 2 hrs left, only 1 hr left) is NOT necessary.  It spams the list.  Post your item ONCE - answer questions about your item but do not continue to count down how much time is left on your auction. 

I would like to get some feedback on having a buy sell trade area in the discussion forum area, so let me know your thoughts people.

Thanks Wascher for your feedback. I don't feel the current buy/sell/trade is hard to find and most others find this area with no problems.

I have no issue adding another forum as well but is it really necessary? As you point out, David has only come here to advertise his own items, nobody else does this so would this be merely adding something for one person?

Thanks for the link.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service