We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi

I am thinking of buying this autograph. I think I looks like a genuine Alfred Hicthcock. I would love to hear your views.

All the best

Troels 

Tags: Alfred, Hitchcock

Views: 1232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My budget is like 300 dollars:). It probably wont happen:)

Here is an example from 1969:

Another example from Nate Sanders:

OP is said to have been obtained in the 1960's IP?

Beware of the ones too neatly rendered.  Even the big auction houses have been clogged for years with them.  The TPAs have often been lax with these self-caricatures as well, imho.

It took me years to finally acquire one that I was totally satisfied with.   It was rendered by him in 1972 whilst he was in London promoting one of my top favorite films from him...FRENZY.  It's in vintage condition and not mint....but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Unless the OP is a copy. I still think it's fine

It's the contrast that concerns me most. Compare to the few shown here. Eddy's has excellent contrast as do the others, Nate's particularly, and your last. I guess I just don't like the item.

It would be interesting to see who is selling it. You don't see many faded ones, so there is a chance of a facsimile of some sort. I usually like to see if the seller is legit. I wouldn't buy it unless i was happy with the seller.

Yes, I looked a bit. I don't like the overall presentation. It is not strong as all the others shown and what I have seen. Better examples are obviously around if not easy to secure.

Just for further reference, Mark at Memorabilia UK has had several in-person Hitchcock sketches:

https://www.memorabilia-uk.co.uk/p/alfred-hitchcock

Indeed. Every one has pretty bang on contrast, as do most all at RR.

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service