We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

From talking with another member about trading autographs, we thought maybe it would be cool to have one place here where we can all post up stuff we have for trade or sale that we could all update our collections by.  As long as everyone post up a clear pic of the signatures and a good description, then this could be epic! 

Moderator Comments:
This is a great idea! Try it out in this discussion,
and then we'll set up a special forum category
once we work out the kinks.

Authenticity:
Please do your best to make sure your autographs are genuine BEFORE you post them here. Ask for opinions in the appropriate forum here, such as http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/categories/what-do-you-thin...

If you see something here that's a likely forgery, reply with your opinion and contact the forum moderator.

Thanks...and good luck!

Tags: autographs, sell, trade

Views: 13366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I second that...

Thank you for going after them and for helping others beat the fakes and scammers instead of just crawling into a hole and being passive.  True fans and small time collectors on a budget like me appreciate it very much!

Thanks to Mr. Zipper, it's now common knowledge among space collectors that Neil Armstrong's autograph almost never touches the American flag.

I saw some guy in a news story mention that.  Never knew it before.  I dont know if it was MR Zipper, but its the little things like that which keeps people from making BIG financial Mistakes.

I do believe we can all thank our friend in the tuxedo for that...but it was before my time.

Yup. It was called the Armstrong Flag Test at the time. In one fell swoop, it wiped out a ton of fakes. I worked with a lot of other very experienced collectors who helped me confirm the theory.

The article is reprinted on my blog here.

After I published my article, someone sent a letter to Armstrong's office and they confirmed he does not sign on the flag.

Thank you, Mr. Zipper. You really made a difference.

It looks like the fake Mantle signed bat got pulled just like on e-bay (LOL) Where did it go?

Evan quit the site and deleted his content.

Geez, what a surprise.  He deleted his content?  You mean this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150710409993

RE: The Mantle signed bat

would you guys who didn't like that sig, either send me a message or post why or what about the signature didn't look right, that way I can learn.  Mantle is the focus of my collection and I am trying hard to get better on spotting the fakes out there.  Thanks for your help!

I'm curious, David, that if no one here had commented on that Mantle, would you have bought or traded for it?  Thanks.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service