We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Back Story,

I always watch Coaches Corner Auctions both for entertainment, and of course for that one auto that may [actually] be real. I will say that in 2016 a babe ruth signed baseball came available through their auction and to my mind, it appears real. I rolled the dice - won it, and sent it in to PSA - they authenticated it, but stated it had been traced over at some point. Sold it at Nationals that year for twice what I paid for it.

So, it has been that long since I had last seen a signed Ruth ball on Coaches Corner that wasn't just ridiculous - sharpie signature, etc.

This one really stuck with me, and apparently others, as the final bid was high enough that this is going to hurt if it turns out its not real.

I would appreciate your input as to whether you think it looks 'right'.

babe.jpg

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The "Babe" and the Ruth, taken alone, are Ruth's tracks. Now how they got on this balls is another story altogether. I don't like the way the separate elements of the Babe, the quotes, and the Ruth come together here, they are combined and composed here in a way that defies chronological logic.

I don't want to elaborate because I will reveal a major tell that will undoubtedly assist forgers even more so than help consumers.

Suffice it to say, what I'm seeing here for a supposed (quotes identifying it as) a pre-Summer of 1928 ball isn't possible according to everything I've ever studied about Ruth's signature and chronological progression.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service