We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 55510

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't buy one and as I said I hope I'm wrong and they are fake. But S&S is going to an awful lot of trouble to reassure people that these are real. Their company VP emailed me back within an hour saying they are legit. It wasn't some random customer service rep. And for someone as big as them, and with this pricetag it is too much of a risk imo.

I've e mailed their UK counterpart twice since saturday and she's not responded at all ! Really annoys me when people don't reply, it would take a few seconds to - even if it's just to tell me to PIXX OFF LOL ! 

Some people just don't have any manners! 

I have a theory that someone on Dylan's management team is raining hellfire on S&S to get these books out as quick as possible.

The fact that the publisher has essentially "closed ranks" around itself and is swearing up and down (at multiple levels) that these books are legit (complete with hand-signed COAs and VPs getting involved directly in the customer service process), despite the aforementioned Indigo fiasco and the mounting red flags regarding the sale of these books, has me thinking they got a black eye over the first release and now are trying to save face/make up time by getting these out quickly.

I really feel the same.. as a business perspective, when dealing with this amount of revenue, it makes complete sense

Yes, and on a lottery ticket you have not seen. Too crazy for my blood. I like items I can see and judge beforehand. Like this signed original still from Gabe. Click for the full image:

You mean get out the autopens, or real ones? 

Personally, I don't believe any of these will be real - and that's coming from someone who was initially salivating over the concept of such a book. There are just too many issues and red flags, across multiple levels, to even consider putting down that much money on an x-factor this late in the game. That money for me could be better served on a lot of things -- hell, I still have to pay for the McCarthy set whenever that charge comes through, probably within the next week or so.

This is one of the most bizarre autograph sagas I've ever seen. S&S' behavior is unlike anything I've ever witnessed in the industry in modern times. I don't know of any publisher (outside of Premiere, maybe, but they're a distributor) that has gone to Herculean effort to try and reassure people while simultaneously doing everything in their power to make themselves look guilty as sin. As a buyer of S&S books in the past and as a potential customer, it is absurd to me that this is the course of action they chose.

If Dylan/his management knew this kind of controversy was a possibility, why even have him say he was signing anything in the first place? He hates it. He knows that people know he hates it. Just print the book and move on.

Speaking of, where are the other Indigo copies that weren't sold? Were they binned? Sent back to the publisher? That's what I really want to know.

Thats a good question to ask S$S through emails.. id love to know what happened to those books. Someone out there knows.. did they sign non disclaimer agreements as an employee? Someone out there knows something

Its never good for this hobby in general for an autopen to be released, but in this case, I agree with you. Part of me hopes this becomes a huge deal that has to be addressed. It will be a huge factor for decisions using autopens in the future. Its why I do not want what happened with Indigo to be swept under the rug. No doubt looking back next year, this will be the highlight of 2022 regardless if real or fake. Im glad to be a part of it all. Ill remember this until the day I die and be happy that I was a part of the fight against autopens. 

Next fight - preprints!

Haha luckily, those are mostly only rampant in the TTM community.. ones only spending a few stamps worth of money. its still justified to fight for but its small peanuts compared to this

Agree, but so many are sold on eBay...The really good ones like Leigh/Olivier which you need to see in hand are often sold as genuine. That couple produced some amazing preprints.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service