We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 27496

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks to the information in Iracles's post, I managed to procure a signed copy of the US box set from a local bookstore in my city. They had them toward the front of the store separated from the other copies and added their own proprietary "signed" sticker to the shrink wrap. I couldn't resist opening the shrink wrap when I got home. It looks like the signature is on a tipped-in page. Both books (The Passenger and Stella Maris) are signed, and the signatures appear to be distinct. So, I'd assume that the signatures aren't autopen, but I could be wrong.

My local store limited purchases to 1 copy per customer or else I would have bought an extra. But I'm extremely lucky I managed to get even one copy. 

I'll post pictures later today or tomorrow.

Are they numbered? Like is it an edition of Number X out of Number Y?

Roughly how many copies did they have?

Does it have a different ISBN number on the bottom of packaging? A sticker over the regular ISBN?

As far as I can tell, no. The signature is on a blank page with no other words on it.

Since McCarthy is an American writer, I'd ordinarily expect the US edition to be more valuable in the long-run. But since the UK editions are numbered, I wonder if they will be more valuable in the long-run. (We can all agree that the UK editions look much cooler.) 

From what I’ve heard from the roughly 10-20 stores I called they either got 1 or 2 

My local who I called yesterday and told me they didn't have any, posted that they had 2 on twitter this morning. Within 5 minutes of that post both were gone.

Yeah I think some of the bigger independents went with a we don’t have any till release day 

The ISBN is different and the same as those ones that were popping up on Amazon. I'll post more details later. 

I guess your copy has 978-0593537565 / 0593537564

Unsigned copies have: 978-0593536049 / 0593536045

I'm still holding out hope (very slim) that I can grab one of the 250 from an independent store here in the UK as I know at least two had them but they were only available through a prize draw. 

If I'm unsuccessful I'd be up for buying/trading for a North American set if any good Samaritan - with a bountiful supply of copies - wants to.

The crazy thing is if all these books are cancelled I think the resale value is going to climb immensely 

kind of strange that my B&N copy is on the way already while the one I ordered from BAM over 2 months earlier hasn't. also ordered one from Indigo but haven't heard anything from them yet either.

I think its a baaaaad sign the BAMs haven't shipped. Im writing them off.

I think Amazon and Indigo are both also figments of someones imagination.

The one or two of you who got a B & N copy are part of an extremely exclusive club.

Luckily they are out in the wild today and can be had with a bit of elbow grease. I got my copy.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service