We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Opinions needed on David Gilmour "Blue Light" LP and Roger Waters "The Wall" LPs.David%20Gilmour.jpgRoger%20Waters.jpgs-l1600%20%282%29.jpg

Views: 1754

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gilmour very fake for sure.

I actually like the 2nd Waters also.bottom Waters way off.

What do you not like about the middle album? Imo it’s 100% authentic. I actually also know the individual who got it IP

This last name look similar?

For me the middle sig just struck me as off. The "aters" and the flat part of the lower "g"

However, I have seen many close to similar,( let's call them rushed or lazy ) versions. In fact, I've seen so many Waters signatures it's actually making me sick to see them flood the market. I wish I could get my computer to filter out every Waters sig from me seeing them haha

This is what stuck out to me. 

If you say it's good, with a backup story of IP, then that's good enough for me to change my decision to Legit. 

BTW... the sample you posted (dark side moon) does not look similar to the middle example IMO. For one, there seems to be and extra letter between "a" and "t". What's that supposed to be? Second, the "t" isn't crossed and third, they both finish completely different. One has a slash at the end while this one swoops back. The looped "t" formation is about the only main similarity. But overall, yes they do look similar if that makes sense. Maybe my mistake is picking the sig apart too much

Anyway, that's what I see 

Don’t want to go too in detail here - but we are getting way too picky. Roger has many different types of flourishes on his last name. You need to look at the signature as a whole, rather than formations of a letter or two. It checks all the boxes I look for, regardless of who got it. There’s no question. 

Agreed

And that might be my weakness these days. Picking apart the details and not seeing the overall picture as well as I should. Maybe it's just a phase I'm going though. It affected my judgements on those rare 1971 sigs from ELP and I knew it. 

Hi GoodCat, compare the Waters signature(s) you are talking about here with the Waters signed Ca Ira ticket I found for you. The guts of the last name are about the same if abbreviated.

I will when I get back to it.

I'm 1000 miles from it, chilln in Mexico 

If you have the photo on file, please post it

Sure. You mentioned an additional letter - your example below has much less, but still the same flavor and general creation:

Ultimately, are they authentic or fake?

Are there the heavyweights out there like John Brennan, Roger Epperson, Frank Caiazzo, Lance England, Steve Cyrkin, and Lee Hunter that want to say something?

These gentlemen are Top Talent and thus carry more stroke. 

I can take it.

My ethos is: Wherever the Facts or Truth Lead Me is the Right Track.

Mark

There are three genuine Waters in this thread for me. You have one of them. The Gilmour is definitely not genuine. What is your opinion?

I am skeptical on my Waters' LP.

Here are few exemplars that show Roger Waters bunching up the letters.

I am also less confident on its authenticity because there is no "Hook" on the W.

The second The Wall LP is authentic because Justin Master got it in person.

I know the David Gilmour is authentic. Roger Epperson got it in Person.

--Original Message-----
Sent: Mar 24, 2018 8:20 PM
To: "rogerssd@ix.netcom.com"
Subject: DAVID GILMOUR

Roger,

Didn't you get this in person?

Mark

yes in Detroit YEARS ago, he signed it very fast while he was rushing to the bus

Attachments: No photo uploads here

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service