We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Tags: Bob, Dylan

Views: 23365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice to see somebody with Morals too, I am a massive Dylan Fan - his first LP was the first record I ever bought when I was 10 - so it was particularly hard for me to watch on Saturday afternoon when they went from 99 copies to Zero In 17 minutes. Same as most on this discussion I ordered a copy from Indigo and don’t buy from Fraudsters ( So will never buy anything from Simon & Schuster ever again) I too think they will be legit as Cole’s are the best UK bookstore and everything I have ever bought from them has always been spot on! 

I don’t think he’s that opposed to signing when it’s at his convenience. There are other items that he has signed in quantity besides his artwork, including the Tempest CDs, books, LPs for his manager, etc. 

You're spot on. I actually have one of the signed "Tempest" CDs; together with a signed presentation copy of "The Lyrics (1961 - 2012)". Dylan also signed CD copies of his album "Shadows In The Night" at the point of release (like Tempest, for promotional use).

The signed copies of "The Philosophy of Modern Song" touted are almost certainly genuine. The Simon & Schuster letter of authenticity speaks to that, and resembles the LOA issued with the signed book I mention above. Note, such a letter is not included with the auto-pen scam copies folk are (rightly) concerned about. As noted, Dylan likely signed your books when he was recently in Oxford on tour.

I'm a huge Dylan fan, and am sore that I missed out by the skin of my teeth. If any lucky person wants to make a profit on their copy, then please advise. I'll make it worth your while.

I ordered a copy and I'm being honest here, I bought it just to hopefully sell as an investment.

If it turns out it's legit I'll sell mine but if its not I used PayPal and I'll try and get a refund.

I'd be careful as an investment. Im no reseller but I do know when a market will be flooded as to know the best time to buy an item I missed out on. If 1000 are released and all of them are real. There will be at a minimum 20% sold to people with the same idea as you. 200 on the market all at once. it will be like the signed Renegades books with Obama and Springsteen. It could be a while before the market clears. With that many on ebay, with fees, a copy on Premiere came to $700 after tax and shipping if you didn't use a coupon. You would have to sell on ebay for around $800 just to break even. The buyer would have to pay taxes making it an $880 item on their end. It might be a bad idea if you are looking for a quick flip while fighting others doing the same

Yikes thanks for that...now that's a dilemma....

I dont know how much the total is direct from the publisher but your money is probably still best spent on other things. Im not a reseller at all but this the way I envision it playing out

Don't forget that selling 1 copy on Ebay would be enough to trigger them reporting the sale to the IRS and you'd then get stuck paying the 30% collectible tax on any profits next tax season. At least that is how I think all that works as of this year since the govt changed those rules. But i really can't ever see losing $$ on this. Just don't plan on getting rich.

But that being said a couple of the Indigo preorders did sell for over 2k on ebay before people realized they were fake. So who knows.

I didn't even think about that. Very true. I dont know why people still buy to resell unless its their only job. To be fair, the market was not flooded when those 2 sold. Imagine even just 100 on ebay where sellers are fighting eachother.. ill be keeping an eye on that next month. Could be fun to watch.

Everygrain, hold your money. This has the makings of a legendary snafu on the publisher's part.

I agree, they said on saturday afternoon these were being shipped from yesterday!  - now they've change that - to next week... they obviously thought the 900  put up in the USA (or however many they have )  would have sold out instantly , I don't think they will ship until they are all sold out from S&S - the longer it drags on the dodgier it looks - it's almost like they don't want anybody to see what the sigs look like !!! 

I think you might be right, Crazy. At least until more information is forthcoming.  Cheers

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service