We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hi

I purchased this Elvis autograph as a birthday gift.  Can anyone give me your opinion on its authenticity?

It has a COA from ACA (I've never heard of them).

Greatly appreciate anyone's opinion!

Thanks so much!

Tags: ELVIS

Views: 2633

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Generally speaking, a QO has limited value. One can only tell so much from scan.

I just realized this was in our general authentication forum. That's A-OK but I moved it to our Elvis forum so you're more likely to get opinions from other Elvis collectors.

Thank you Steve!

You can also get a Fast Opinion from AutographCOA. It would likely be examined by more than one expert, and you might get a better idea of how they reached the result.

They're good. eBay and PayPal pay quick attention to PSA and BAS so they're easiest to use when you know something isn't real and you need to return it.

+1

Thank you, I’ll look them up

It's the only place I use.

I used the Humphrey Bogart and Marlon Brando autographs as very atypical examples that Frolic has.  They only have a letter from this ACA group accompanying them.  I noticed that the most sketchy looking ones they are offering only have that letter.  Many of their items do have JSA letters and, for the most part, look good at least to me on first glance.  It's odd because their higher priced items are a mix of JSA authenticated and not authenticated by JSA (like Brando, Bogart and your Presley).

I also noticed that they have a policy of no returns.  Often not a good sign that possible issues that may arise on reception and examination in person can be easily remedied.  I've never understood how established and professional autograph dealers can have a no return policy.

Hmmm, I'd feel slightly more confident if the Elvis was JSA authenticated.

It's concerning the ones you suspect aren't good are all approved by this ACA group.  Makes me wonder if they were turned down by JSA.

With a no return policy I would imagine Paypal would still issue a refund if it were deemed to be a forgery.  The only thing making me feel any good about this at all is the Roger Epperson opinion and the auction items that Steve found.

I want to believe it's real and the Epperson opinion is great but those Bogart and Brando ones really have me concerned.

David - The more I've looked at the listings, the more I'm thinking something odd may be going on there.  I used Brando and Bogart as atypical examples because I've come to know them both fairly well.  They also have some Elizabeth Taylor as a young girl candids that look suspicious....all signed the same way.  The Natalie Wood card they have doesn't feel right to me either.  All of these are higher end vintage Hollywood autographs and none have a JSA letter.  Meanwhile, there's a much lesser priced Walter Pidgeon candid (like the Elizabeth Taylors) that does have a JSA letter.  

Here's a Marilyn Monroe "Norma Jeane" handwritten letter (manuscript form) that has a $3500 asking price with a ACA letter accompanying it....no JSA.  It would seem such an important piece would have the industry recognized JSA authentication letter that some of their lesser priced items have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194751358227?hash=item2d5815e513:g:s7QAAOS...

Yep. You need to ask yourself why a number of items have known and credible authentication from companies like JSA… And certain other items have authentication from some offbrand unknown company. Were those the JSA rejects?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service