We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MANTLE-AUTOGRAPHED-YANKEES-8X10-COMM...

This one is back again. I don't understand why Steiner doesn't contact ebay and have it removed permanently.

Views: 1010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its gonna sell, 153 bucks so far.

Unfortunately it's impossible to have something removed permanently.. Sellers can always keep relisting and making new accounts. The last steiner rep I spoke with said they have nothing but problems with ebay. Part of the reason why they started their own auction site.

Can anybody comment on this Ali with a Steiner hologram from this seller?

This is Gridiron Authentics new selling name. Stay away!

I totally agree with Baston here. We discussed this and between the two of us we could write an update to Operation Bullpen all about Gridiron and its related entities. I have yet to be able to determine what state his new operation is incorporated in and think he may have actually taken it offshore for liability purposes.

I do plan on having another discussion with the PA AG's office this week and will bring this to his attention as well as the NY AG's office. As the collecting community we all need to go after these crooks hard and heavy (providing we have proof).

Please keep us posted. I do not believe for a second that Gridiron/Lamothe has simply gone away. Too much money for his greedy little hands. I agree that he most likely went offshore to hide.

What would be great is if the athletes themselves could be rounded up for a story on 20/20 or some other high profile new channel. They could be shown these items and tell the public that they did not sign them and they are forgeries. That would get into all the newspapers quickly and work would spread much faster. Otherwise, we are chipping away, piece by piece, not being able to keep up with the growing number of crooks out there.
Don't think it would help. Mounted Memories and Tri-Star already know and can't seem to be bothered. I sent an email right to Brandon Steiner and directed him to this Board, no response.
If someone was counterfeiting my money machine I would be livid!!!!

The seller sportslegendsink doesn't seem to have anything else to sell.

Hi all, been a bit too distracted with work to post lately but wanted to bring everyone up to speed with Gridiron.

Believe it or not, thus far I managed to recover all but around $200 from Gridiron for their selling of forged items. Of course I'm still going after the balance since the replacement cost of everything is going to set me back some so I want my pound of flesh.

Funny thing is that he has been paying with money orders. Guess he doesn't want anyone to know he is still in business under a different name.

ANYONE who has been ripped off by Joe Lamothe and his "companies" should contact the PA AG's office immediately. If you want a contact name & number I would be happy to provide one. The AG attorney who has been handling my case is great and didn't take any BS from Joe. We CAN recover our cash losses, maybe not replacement cost, but at least our cost.

Baston, I passed the information we had been discussing to the AG's office but they can't do anything unless people file complaints. I don't know why anyone who was ripped off wouldn't want to go after this crook?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service