We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Remember this Paul McCartney signature we had a discussion about? Ebay removed the original listing as a forgery. Well, I submitted it to Roger Epperson and he issued a LOA on it. I relisted it on ebay and they just removed it again! Guess I now own a Paul McCartney that will be tainted no matter what. Another life lesson learned the hard way.

Views: 3670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Paul. I might consider that option. Appreciate the great idea.

Probably either PSA and JSA in this case. I'm not sure the other Beatles experts certify autographs except for the one's they sell. Wonder who is Ebay's "go-to expert" on these matters, that would be nice to know.

Look at this one. Yours is better.
Attachments: No photo uploads here
Also this one.

Yes, I seen that in your earlier posting. I admit I'm not knowledgeable on McCartney's signature but I bought it from a respected member here plus Roger Epperson issued a LOA on it so I felt I was being safe. Still believe it is authentic myself but I guess there are powers out there who disagree with that enough that ebay refuses it. Seems strange when I see posts here of definitely bad autographs being sold repeatedly without being removed. Bad karma I guess. I try to do what is right and would not knowingly try to pass a bad autograph off to make a buck. I work hard to do things right. That's all a person can do. Not the end of the world.

The crazy world of collecting!

LOL! That's what makes this hobby both interesting and frustrating at the same time.

It's definitely a hobby of opinions and thats about it in a nut shell.
Help im stuck in a nut shell.

When I was in the Army I remember my drill sergeant saying, "Opinions are like as_holes, everyone has one!". So true!!

It must indeed be frustrating with so many blatant fakes for sale on EBay. I think it's a sign of the caution people take when it comes to valuable, in demand autographs like Elvis, The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix.

I feel that some of the artists themselves now often give poor autographs with the direct intention of diminishing the signatures marketability. As Ballroom says modern Maccas can be tough, personally I categorise them as likely genuine, likely fake and an extra category that I call "I don't care if it's real or fake, I just wouldn't want it either way"

With so much uncertainty in the market people defer to the opinions of others with more experience than themselves but with even COA's from trusted authenticates being faked these days even they cannot be relied upon.
I just read Ballrooms post, he had a Mc authenticated with a jsa and ebay removed that.
Ebay doesn't care for jsa by the sounds of it.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service