We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

There were many movie and television stars that appeared as guest stars (though never called that on the show) on TAGS.   Hopefully others will add their autographs of stars like Buddy Ebsen, Charlie Ruggles, Edgar Buchanan, Everett Sloane, Alan Hale, Jr., Bob Denver, John Dehner and many others who appeared as "guest stars" on an episode of TAGS.  Elsewhere I think in the comment section I have my Jack Nicholson autograph.  I am not including him here because he was in two episodes.

Tags: Adams, Julia

Views: 9029

Replies to This Discussion

JERRY VAN DYKE (1931-    ) the likeable and stuttering younger brother of Dick Van Dyke he is best known for his 199 episodes as Luther Van Dam on Coach.  His first major series was destined to become the most joked about television disasters of all time, My Mother the Car. He could have probably have had the role of replacing Don Knotts and his appearance on TAGS ends in a manner you expect to see him back.  Had he replaced Knotts it is unlikely he would have fared much better than Jack Burns in that unenviable role. He appeared on four episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show playing Dick's younger brother!  This is a personal check from the 1970s.

I really like him, Scottie. I like him in "THE MIDDLE".

EDDIE CARROLL (1933-2010) is best known as the voice of Disney's Jimmy The Cricket. Carroll appeared as Sgt. Lubick in two episodes of Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.   He also appeared on The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Sanford and Son, Maude, and others.  He appeared in the 1979 horror/thriller The Colnus Horror with Peter Graves.  Carroll appeared on one episode of The Andy Griffith Show as the airline desk clerk in "A Trip to Mexico."  This actually is one of my favorite of the color episodes. 

EDDIE CARROLL as the airline desk clerk in the TAGS episode "A Trip to Mexico."

Eddie Carroll 5x8 postcard photograph when he was doing his one man show as Jack Benny.

WALLY ENGELHARDT (1923–1991) is probably best known as Ward Hill Lamon in the 1976 television mini-series Lincoln starring Hal Holbrook.  He also appeared in The Blues Brothers.  He first appeared in 1963 playing the brother-in-law of Al Lewis' character Schnauser in Car 54 Where Are You?  He appeared on The Patty Duke Show and The Defenders.  On The Andy Griffith Show episode "Goober Takes  a Car Apart" (1965).  He plays Sheriff Jackson from Silar City the president of the Sheriff's Association who makes a surprise visit to the court house.  His autograph is scarce. 

Wally Engelhardt

BUCK YOUNG (1921-2000) with a name like that you might think he starred in a lot of westerns, and you would be right. He had the role of "Deputy Buck Johnson" on U. S. Marshall in the late 1950s. He appeared on several episodes of Gunsmoke and other western television shows. He had a recurring role of Sergeant Whipple on Gomer Pyle: USMC. Young also appeared in episodes of M*A*S*H, Wonder Woman, Hogan's Heroes and The Incredible Hulk. He was usually cast as a policeman, soldier or other authority figure. Young was in the horror movie LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED TO ROSEMARY'S BABY (1976). On TAGS he was "Deputy Joe Watson" in episode "Goober Takes a Car Apart" in 1965.  I thought I would place there here with Wally Englehardt who played Sheriff Jackson in that episode.   Both Englehardt and Young are very difficult to find autographs.

BUCK YOUNG from his appearance on the TAGS episode "Goober Takes a Car Apart."

GLADYS HURLBUT (1898-1988) is best known for playing one of the moonshine making sisters in the TAGS episode "Alcohol and Old Lace."  She played Clarabelle Morrison and her sister Jennifer Morrison was played by Charity Grace."  Both lades got late starts in television and movies.  Charity Grace is one of the hardest to locate TAGS autographs.  Gladys Hurlbut is also known for the Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz movie The Long, Long Trailer.  She later appeared in an episode of I Love Lucy.  Both she and Charity Grace appeared in The Ann Southern Show.  In movies she was in The President's Lady, A Man Called Peter and The Rains of Ranchipur.  She did a lot of television such as Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The Donna Reed Show, It's a Great Life and several others.  Although not as rare as Chairty Grace (1884-1965) Gladys Hurlbut's autograph is elusive.

GLADYS HURLBUT on right and CHARITY GRACE on left. "Alcohol and Old Lace" episode.

EDWARD ANDREWS (1914-1985) a truly distinguished character actor who appeared in dozens of movies and television shows often as a somewhat sinister authority figure.  His dramatic roles include Advise and Consent, Tora, Tora, Tora, The Man From Galveston and Elmer Gantry.  Comedy films include Send Me No Flowers, The Absent Minded Professor, How to Frame a Figg, Sixteen Candles, Gremlins,   On television, he appeared on Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Beverly Hillbillies, Gunsmoke,  He did two episodes of The Twilight Zone and three of Thriller.   On The Andy Griffith Show he played a professor who was smitten by Aunt Bee.  This is a studio tax document signed in 1961.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service