We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Handwritten Original Bruce Springsteen Set List from Born in the USA tour, 1985, w/ COA, Pass and ticket stub

Hello,

I am selling an original set list hand written by Bruce Springsteen  from his Born in the USA tour show at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY, in 1985 along with an after show pass and ticket stub from the show.

During college I worked at the Carrier Dome helping the crews set up for concerts and break them down after.  I was fortunate enough to work the Springsteen show and while breaking down the stage after the show I was able to get the first page of the set list that was taped to the stage.  This is the original, not a copy or reproduction and was hand written by Bruce.  I have had the set list ever since.

I recently had the document authenticated by a forensic handwriting expert who specializes in these types of things and I will include a Certificate of Authenticity.

This is the real deal not a photocopy or a scan and was used during the show.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Jay

Tags: Born, Bruce, E, Springsteen, Street, USA, in, list, set, the

Views: 1851

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

OK, I'm out, good luck to you.

The setlist you posted from the South Carolina show does look like yours -- however neither look like Bruce Springsteen's handwriting.  My guess is that someone wrote the setlist out for him those two nights (and I'm sure other nights as well).  He simply does not write like that -- check the many setlists on Google and you'll see. 

Do you have any idea who else would write the set list that would be on the tour at both shows?

Does it matter? Bruce may have written the setlist and it was hand copied by a member of the crew, or the venue staff. Perhaps the one Bruce wrote was sitting on Roy's piano that night, on in front of Nils. Who knows? Perhaps a copy machine wasn't available to run off copies. Only thing that matters is that it wasn't written by Bruce, and that is what would give it added value. You cannot escape the suspicion potential buyers will have when it isn't Bruce's handwriting, and the fact that only his writing gives it added intrinsic value.

I was asking Brucejuice since he is the one who is more knowledgeable about this.  You think  this is irrelevant so why answer?

He's going to tell you the same thing but go ahead, wait for it.

Here is  a note from Bruce  to Mal on the program page for the great human rights tour,

It's a "setlist", but it wasn't written by Bruce, IMO, and its authenticity as described is questionable...

Please stop making statements about my integritry based on absolutley nothing other than youre personal opinioon.  You do not know me and I do nto apprevciate you insinuating that I am a liar.  I attended Syracuse University and during that time worked many concerts during that time.  I graduated in 1986.  I cna answer any questions about the concert or anything else to prove my story.  You on the other hand have not given one reason that you think my story is untrue other than your own incorrect opinions.  Since I have posted this you have made statements based on your opinions whihc have turned out to be incorrect because of your carelessness ine reading the posts or just not paying attention.  For example, you posted a photo of the setlidst to show that there were identicall setlists out there in an attempt to discredit myt setlist.  In your haste you did not even notice you reposted my photo and claimed it was a second xerox copy of the setlist.  You did not pay attention to the fact that the setlist had color in it and in 1985 color copiers were not readily available. and you did not noticce that my set list was on typinbg paper which is nokt the same as xerox paper and most importantly you did not even notice that it was the saem  photo as mine with the same background and same folds in the paper.  For someone claiminbg to be knowledgeable you sure do not have an eye for details and do not pay very close attention when making yiour judgements yete you offer this as proof that my set list was not real.  Let me sum that up for you.  YOU reposted my photo claiming it was someone elses copy and claimed that proved mine was a copy.  Do you realize just how stupid  someone has to be to repost the same photo  and not even notice they did it, then base an accusation on it.  Pay more attention. You did not even pay close enough attention to realize that you reposted my photo saying it was someone elses.  For someone claiming to beknowledgeable and offering their opinion as fact you really dont have a very good eye for detail or you are just talking out your ass.  The set list has been sold but I feel that people like you should reserve their "opinions" for places where they might have some small bit of knowledge rather than talking about thinbgs they do not know or accusing people if things without any basis for those accusations.  Pardon the typposd, but I am angry that someone as ignorant as you feels quallified to offer thier opinion and accuse me of lying about working the concert.  Apparently trolls are a problem even on this forum. Do not bother to reply, I am done with this discussion.  While there were some people who offered intelligent thoughts and popinions, you feel the need to accuse me oif making up a story without and basis for your statements.  You resally need to educate yourself and stop talking about things you are neither qualified to nor have any knowledge of.

So, to sum, not one person thought this first "setlist" was good, or did I miss something? Quisp, FWIW Terry G was responding to Xweisy from right above, not you, reading the thing straight - Terry G's reply is under the Xwiesy post.

Eric

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service