We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Help Needed: Baseballs in my collection, real or fake??

After stumbling onto this site a few days ago, I now have doubts on some of the autographs in my collection that I have not received in person.  I would love some expert opinions on some of the autograph balls in my collection.  Here are some of the pics of the balls.  I only have 1 of each ball so if you see the same ball pop up in different pictures, I apologize.  I have tried to focus on the ones that I have not received in person.  Some of these have been authenticated by PSA or JSA, others have "lesser COAs" or were gifts.  Would love some opinions.  If you need anymore info on the timeframe of the auto, please just let me know.  Some of the pics (I hope i do this right):

SAM_0715.JPG

SAM_0716.JPG

SAM_0721.JPG

SAM_0701.JPG

SAM_0714.JPG

Views: 662

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whats up bro...here is my 2 cents on this stuff...The McGwire looks funky as well as the Griffey Jr...not saying there not good but I am just not sure on those...I think the McGwire may be bad...

The Stargell...Boggs...Rodriguez...Canseco and Ripken Jr...are all authentic in my opinion...That Ripken is an early style he used years ago...his auto is much shorter now...

The Bonds I would say is also authentic...but not really sure because I never owned one...plus his auto is so unreadable most of the time...

And the Jeter...The Jeter is sloppy and Derek's auto is all over the place most of the time...but I would also lean towards authentic as well on that...there is good qualities to it...

I agree with CEE GEE's evaluation of these, but I will add that the McGwire is DEFINITELY bad. And the Bonds is good, in my opinion.

here is my Bonds ball, signed in the early 90's, for comparison

I got all of these in person if needed to compare...there all 1000% legit

I hope this helps a bit...

Thanks a lot guys.  Yeah the McGwire and Griffey were gifts I received in the late 90s, so I have no documentation on them.  Those were the two I was most worried about.  The Ripken was also a gift in 1997, so I'm real happy that seems legit (being an O's fan).  The Boggs and Canseco I got in person, so I know those are good.  I got the Jeter and ARod from the same dealer (with a decent reputation IMO) and both have been authenticated by PSA, so hopefully they're both good.  The Bonds has been authenticated by JSA, so I'm happy you didn't disregard these 3 as being blatantly fake, considering the track records of these companies I've been reading about on this site.  Much thanks again guys.

Yes sir...not Blatant fakes at all....If Big Mac and Griffey Jr are your only concerns here your doing ok...chances are as my good pal Terrier says for sure that BIg Mac McGwire is no good I will fully stand behind his opinion on that...that ''O'' looking K formation looked completely wrong to me...only owning 1 McGwire and as his auto also has shortened a bit over the years I could not be certain on a opinion...but if you got the Griffey Jr at the same time chances are the gift giver got them from the same place that one may be bad as well...but these guys authentic autos are out there in huge numbers and are very affordable for the most part...fakes out that point in the 90's was almost 20-30 to 1 authentic items because ever seller got duped...even the home shopping network sold tens of thousands of fakes blindly !!!

If you can't trust the home shopping network, who can you trust!!  But seriously, yeah I've started looking on ebay to replace the Big Mac and Griffey balls.  Do you know of any problems with UDA balls??  Always heard good things about UDA, but if it's not coming from them directly but by an "authorized" dealer, I tend to take a second or third look.  Any opinions on UDA??

they are typically way over priced.  Mac has changed his signing habits since he got back into the game with the Cards as hitting coach. He not only signs more frequently but he is also signing on the sweet spot, which he stopped doing for a few years.  As CEE GEE said, you can get both of these guys at reasonable prices, but I would not pay the price normally associated with UDA.

AGREED...UDA is very respected....but the prices tend to be a bit nuts...I will take a pic of my big mac ball and post it tomorrow...its also signed on the side panel and was signed in 1999 with 70 inscription...but I have to say Terriers is much nicer !!!

UDA is first degree authentication. They pay the players to sign items, so the items are, theoretically, authenticated by the players themselves.

As for HSN... if I recall, the items on HSN were authentic... just retardedly over-priced.

there were some problems with HSN authenticity.  there are discussions we've had on here about that.  Christopher Williams can tell you more, and my friend CEE GEE probably can also.

here is my Mac ball, signed in 1998.  This is his full signature.  there are variations of this, such as his short one, which I would avoid because its ugly, and not easily authenticated. you can use this as a reference for your Mac search.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service