We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I assume this is real given its provenance but I thought I would double-check as Noel and Mitch look a touch odd to me. According to the seller they were half asleep at the time. Great piece if real. 

Views: 2599

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wasnt signed by mitch not in a million years not even half asleep though im sure the e bay listing will state signed by Mitch,  ive said my piece if you bring it to autograph magazine live its everyones business by the way what will it be on e bay for $15K or more you only bought your first comment here to let everyone know it had great provenance to push the price up try adding something to the site in future that doesnt involve money you even got the monkees letter in on the act for no other reason than to push it Steve should be charging you an advertising fee    

I am not trying to promote or sell anything on here. It's a forum, where things were said by you about a dealer acquiring the piece and I wanted people to understand your "dealer"  stance.

There are some people that sell that aren;t just "dealers", but it seems talking to you is a moot point.

You don't understand, you have your own theory and that's it.

Hey...good idea, Rogers!

Bob, what's your PayPal address?

Well considering you're a grandpa, I guess that address will soon forward to Forest Lawn.

Hi Bob

Are you confident its authentic? Will you run it by Roger?

I think I opened a can of worms with my original post. It's a shame that some replies got out of synch and a touch personal.

Maybe I shot myself in the foot by putting the item up and revealing the auction house but I'm sure Bob and others would have found it somehow - although my emails from Invaluable don't list specific items and I get so many that I just delete them straight away anyway. Bob, can you instruct Invaluable to tell you about specifc pieces that are coming up?

I wouldn't have gone as high as £3,600 even if there had been absolutely no doubt cast upon any of the signatures - presumably after buyers premium, Invaluable premium and sales tax the final total is nearer £5k or $7,500. I am probably living in the stone age but I still associate Hendrix or Experience signatures with a £1k - £2k price range. Admittedly that would just be on plain paper and not on a fantastic contemporary plane ticket envelope.

As soon as Rogers mentioned that the piece had been offered before at a fairly low estimate the case was closed for me, given my own doubts on the Mitch and to a lesser extent the Redding. However small an auction house is if it's catalogues are on "the net" items will be seen. I don't know how many times I've patiently waited for genuine Fab 4 sets to come up at tiny provincial auction houses with ridiculously low estimates only to see the bidding race up to £3k in seconds.

It seems that Bob has the knowledge and guts necessary to ignore others' doubts. Even if only Henrix is "real" maybe $7.5k is not such a high price these days anyway.

I think it is awesome that Steve found that antiques road show episode with the item on it. If the man who brought in the ticket is telling the truth, then that is some provenance for sure (right on camera) 

I have to say that the AR interview transcript is not so convincing. Would you really approach three strangers and ask them who they are? Having insulted them by asking this question would you then ask them for their autographs in case they become famous one day? Maybe, if you have a very thick skin or are super cool. but I doubt it. Maybe time or nerves played tricks with the owner's memory when being filmed.

I also wonder why the item was offered by a relatively unknown UK auction house if the owner is American. Obviously there is no law against such things but it does seem a touch odd. 

I understand what you mean for sure. The story seems a tad off, but you're right maybe he didn't remember the facts completely after X number of years. As for the UK auction house, I'm not sure, but the AR episode was filmed in 2009 so maybe it had sold once or twice before the auction and it wound up in the UK? I personally wouldn't say whether or not if I think the signatures are good, I would like to hear who the TPA is whom Bob has used to authenticated it. 

And maybe i am naive, but I don't know why you would knowingly bring a forgery onto the AR. I know it happens on Pawn Stars. I guess it would make sense though because if you get someone on air to say it is good then that might go a long way in some peoples eyes. 

I wonder why the consignor didn't put it in a more well known English auction house because I don't think Chaucer offers viewing days for the potential buyer

Chaucers rarely sell anything over a £50 value its usually small fry stuff so they were an odd choice for a high end piece i know im banging on about it but possibly that wrong Mitch deterred some of the bigger auction houses who use Roger or Psa to check consignments it wouldnt look as good with a coa stating genuine Hendrix and Noel but not genuine Mitch

As much as i dont like all this recent hoovering up of pieces by dealers in fairness Bob always gets his items checked and offers coas to help justify his high prices so lets see what he comes up with and if it goes on the listing as three genuine signatures or two    

I like the Hendrix and Noel but if it were mine i would mount out the Mitch, possibly he was asleep as stated and someone signed for him not wanting to dissapoint the guy... ive seen another Hendrix on e bay where im 99% certain Jimi signed for Noel so it does happen

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service