We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

There is an ebay seller named schu45. I have no idea if his autographs are authentic or not.

However, he has over 800 items listed on ebay and all of them have a In The Presence COA from PSA. My question is how does PSA issue such a COA for all these Hollywood stars? Are they sending a representative into the field to cert. this items on the spot? Does not sound likely.

Or is there another way that they can cert 800+ Hollywood in person autographs.

Last time I looked Al Pacino , Cindy Crawford, Laura Linney and 800 other Hollywood personalities have not made any personal appearances to sign autographs.

The PSA In The Presence COA specifically states that the autograph was WITNESSED by a PSA representative.

Is this seller a PSA representative too, besides being a seller of autographs?? Conflict of interest I would think if that is the case. Is the seller a friend of someone on the PSA authentication staff? I am just asking a question.

I have written to PSA and await an answer or perhaps even an appearance here to answer.

Views: 6566

Replies to This Discussion

Precisely what I have been saying.

My question is "what the heck is going on here?" Can these In The Presence COA's be obtained in a manner similar to the ones that were given out so many years ago? Is that still a company practice? Or is there actually someone out in the field performing all the necessary tasks to cert. in person autographs?

Steve - have you gotten the answer yet??

I talked with Joe Orlando. He said that PSA/DNA In the Presence COAs are only issued for witnessed private signings, show signings, or other events or places where someone has hired a PSA rep to witness the autographs being signed. For instance, they've been hired to follow a collector around a golf tournament and witness him getting autographs from celebrities there.

You may have just hit the nail on the head with "Who you know."

And don't forget Deputy Dog too.

But maybe Steve will find out for us.

I just looked up schu45 again.  he/she still has over 750 items for sale, virtually all PSA'd.  but now, they detail in the title, which ones are ITP (in the presence of), and it is a small portion of the total.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Cool-Harrison-Ford-signed-11x14-photo...

I looked at his first page of ebay listings and every item is pictured with a ITP cert, every one. What he says in the title does not matter, he is picturing the ITP cert with every item.

I was having trouble seeing clealy the certs on the detailed listings.  Granted, I did not look at all of them but a few I blew up didn't have the "guaranteed...." portion albeit blurry...   but the details of the postings have changed.

How were ITPs Certs provided to the myriad of items offered by this seller?

What part of that aren't you getting yet?   I have serious doubts that Harrison Ford had a "private signing" while he was attending a premier opening in San Diego at comic-con knowing all that we do about Harrision Ford's private signing habits.  Having said that and without anything to the contrary then it casts considerable doubt on what Orlando claims the PSA/DNA ITP Policy & Procedure is.

If that is the case then are there others or is it more in step with what has been alluded to a number of times, including you.

I live in NYC and see celebs in the street often. There has to be something I can do to get these ITP certs. Who do I have to know???

Let me make this clearer: What you accused them of, Richard, is not happening. Authenticators are not collecting at a celeb event and certifying In the Presence COAs for their friends. Everything is ordered through and arranged by PSA in advance. They are not issuing COAs in the field.

But why should this information stop people from making wild accusations?

That makes no sense at all.

Ordered through and arranged by PSA in advance. Not issuing COA's in the field? Do you realize that makes no sense at all?

So PSA reps are not in the field , I never thought they were, but what does ordering through and arrange in advance exactly mean? I feel I am banging my head against the wall when it comes to Steve and PSA. Order through and arrange in advance?? What does that mean????? PSA is telling Harrison Ford to be in a place to sign autographs. That is what you are saying when you say arrange in advance.

Steve they did it before with B&J Collectibles , giving them certs for in person DiMaggio autographs when it never happened. I know it was a long time ago but you have not said anything to reassure anyone here that it is still not happening now.

I cannot find your other post on this forum but Joe Orlando told you about what they are doing? What if someone hires a PSA rep for a movie premiere and they get nobody to sign? What then?

It is all BS.

Richard,

Let me give you an example and hopefully it will make sense this time:

A professional collector wants to collect autographs at a celebrity golf tournament and have PSA/DNA witness the signings in order to get In the Presence COAs for them. He contacts PSA/DNA and arranges for them to send a representative to the tournament for a day to follow him around and witness him getting the autographs. The rep takes custody of the signed items during the course of the day. At the end of the day, the rep takes the signed items back to PSA, where they're entered into the certification system, issued COAs, stickered and DNA tagged.

I don't know exactly how PSA would price it, but I do know they would charge a minimum fee for sending a rep for a day. There would probably also be a per item charge, but perhaps over a certain number of autographs.

Regarding the B&J Collectibles incident you told me about recently: That was 2000-2001, when Steve Rocchi was president of PSA, right? Rocchi left PSA to form GAI in about 2001. You mentioned earlier in this discussion that when you told Joe Orlando about it years later he was quite upset to hear about it. I think that if it happened since Orlando became president, or even at other times back then, there would be number of clearly fake PSA/DNA autographs with ITP COAs around.

This is my other post, Richard. I think you did read it:

I talked with Joe Orlando. He said that PSA/DNA In the Presence COAs are only issued for witnessed private signings, show signings, or other events or places where someone has hired a PSA rep to witness the autographs being signed. For instance, they've been hired to follow a collector around a golf tournament and witness him getting autographs from celebrities there.

Steve, that is how it is "suppose" to work in a perfect world.

Now look at this Ebay Seller and tell me you really believe that was how it worked across all those celebrities (see my post below on Ford) along with the ones that were previously up for sale and we ain't talking B movie celebrities.  The problem I have with Orlando is he tells you the party line and how things are suppose to work not how they are actually working.

So Schu45 hires a PSA Rep to "tail" him in the field in hopes he could get Harrison Ford to sign several (not one) pictures.   Ya Know, I was born at night but it wasn't last night. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service