We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I obtained this from a lady that needed help cleaning out her garage.  I got some great cards as well, and I know they are authentic, but as many fakes of everything that I've heard of lately I would like to get some of your expert opinions.  You all know way more about this than I would.  I would really appreciate the input. 

Views: 343

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha... I believe there is some relation down the line, but not extremely close, and I wish I did have his autograph..

No good in my opinion.  I know for a fact that the Joe DiMaggio signature is a common variation found on forged items.  The last name of "Mantle" also looks all wrong; 100% forgery in my opinion.  Wait for others to chime in to have more opinions, though.

Looks nearly exactly like this piece, which was certed by Chris Morales:

I was worried about that... I can't tell the difference personally, and I really appreciate the input and help.  I guess the best thing to do would be to just destroy it so that it's no longer in circulation.  Thank you.

Those are typical "Florida" forgeries.   

They are usually "authenticated (cough, cough)" by Chris Morales, Ted Taylor, Drew Max and Steve Rocchi.

Thank you very much for the help.  A lot of people say you are the expert on this sort of thing, and I can't tell the difference myself.  I appreciate your time and everyone else who has helpful input.  I will for sure post any future items before buying or selling.  I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for it.

Ebay seller Princecharming77 is selling this exact set of Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio forgeries.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-Joe-DiMaggio-Yankees-8x10-/27...

Common forgery Thomas, unfortunately. For a quick run down of the most common Mantle forgeries check out my blog here: http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/most-common-mantle-f...

These become very easy to spot once you study them. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service