...I'm beginning it think it is.

This is probably typical in the UK regarding T&Cs listed by auction houses...….

"All statements contained in the catalogue as to the authenticity, attribution, genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any Lot are statements of opinion, and are not to be taken as, or as implying, statements or representations of fact. Imperfections not stated"

So, If you purchased an item that you won and a few weeks later you fount it to be fake, you couldn't get a refund. At best, you would find it difficult.

If the same happened on eBay you will get a refund if you can give some sort of proof (UACC or PSA etc) I purchased a fake coin last year and got a refund with no problem, despite the seller being an ass. eBay give more protection to the buyer than the seller.

What is your experience?

Views: 871

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I remember those days, Rick.

+1

+1

I read the title this morning -- "Is eBay the safest place to buy autographs?" -- and almost spit out my coffee. I thought I had tuned into "The Onion" version of AML.  LOL

I think you miss my point.

It's easy to get a refund on eBay. This is not the case if you buy from some auction houses. 

So what is "your point?"

+1

getting more confusing

Just read the messages.

If you buy a fake autograph from many (not all)  auction houses, they won't refund your money. eBay will.

there are a million fakes on ebay in a year how many at christeis or sothebys.non to maybe a handful and yes if u can prove it u will get ur money back from them.

also they did research before selling on ebay the sellers at ebay  just sat at home drawing signitures then selling then .if they get shut down they reopen u cant do that with the majors nor can u sell a few 100 to a 1000 at a time every week at them

Is your "point" that if a buyer discovers they've purchased a forgery, they can, for the most part, easily obtain a refund?

Yes. Tried and tested. I'm not a blagger

That's wonderful.

I bet that those that purchase a forgery on Ebay, 98% (or more) will never go that route.

Whether they are delusional or impulsive, they will never pursue a refund.

And that's why that crap will continue to devalue authentic autographs.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service