We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I was thinking recently about the amount of fakes that are authenticated by GAI, so I went through my items and located 5 pieces authenticated by them. I looked up the corresponding number on their website (what's left of it anyway) and found that two items aren't even listed. The database shows no item exists. Two of the three items I know are legit as they were from a private Willie Mays signing a few years back and included the Say Hey authentication plus the MLB authentication. The other three I believe are bad. Two are Stan Musial 8x10's and one is Bart Starr 8x10. 

What I find interesting is that you would assume that people who have legitimate authentic photo's used the GAI service. There should be a quantity that are real! But, it appears that almost everything I come across is FAKE! Did they authenticate anything real, or did they have a network set up where they had people produce known forgeries and then they authenticated them? It seems to be the latter. I wish I could remember who I bought these three from and contact them. You wouldn't think they would spend their time on Musial and Starr. Any opinions on this?

Views: 31454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So it's really true Mike's wife didn't die in Afghanistan? When I called at the time to make a donation, they couldn't find her either.

Yeah dude i'll read this discussion when it is the last thing on earth left to read, i know how this fool operates. back when news:alt.collecting.autographs was functioning i knew three people that sent FOOT items to get signed out here from other parts of the country. All of them got sent back signed alright, but they weren't by the actual movie stars and they were BAD, REAL BAD. One event I was at that FAT FOOT was supposedly getting a poster signed for this chump, guess what FOOT was getting his own stuff signed, next day he sent him the poster back signed - guess who was watchig his every move that day - ME - no poster in hand. Dude posted a link to the signature FAT FOOT sent him, not EVEN CLOSEYeah, he goes out and collects in person and has a million stories to tell you, but he KEEPS them ALL. Sure, he will throw a few good ones in to some of the more "distinguished" of his clients, but in the end the FOOT ends up with the inperson graphs and the chumps end up with the FOOTgraphs. I thought this place was supposed to be for serious collectors that didn't deal with these kinds of people. And BTW to you dude, Justin Priddy doesnt know his ACE from a hole in the ground!

This is ridiculous. Who has time for this cat fight?

Let me offer the reader's digest version.

Mike Airing = don't know him from a hole in the wall

Christine Murphy = don't know, don't care

GAI = junk

ACE = Junk

'Nuff said.

Yes, what the heck is going on around here? 

What does any of this have to do with "Is Everything From GAI fake?"

Christopher, 

It started out as was intended, but then a reply came in from a person that several of us recognized and an unethical person.  I was shocked to see that he had emerged again.  Then the discussion went sideways.

I have lived here since 1986, never left.  I stopped doing autographs because of people like you.  I was in the group, you were across the street by yourself.  Next time you get the urge, please come by and see me and we can straighten this out in person.
I just used the "Stop Following" option for this particular thread.
ditto
Complete lunacy. But, just so that I am aware, the Mike Aring that has been posting on this website, is the collector everyone refers to as Bare Foot? Just need someone to confirm and clear this up, as this thread is a little hard to follow (and idiotic).
Yes, Barefoot.
It's a bit crazy and it doesn't belong here, but I have some of my own concerns, so I'm going to let it run a little longer.
It is all to sad that it got to this, but Mike Airing pointed his finger like a loaded gun that back fired on him. I don't understand why he keeps posting, it all just comes back to him everytime and not by one person, but numerous that have dealt with him the past. Mike, you need to give it a rest and stop annoying people.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service