We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello, and thank you beforehand for helping answer my question.  I love to collect Mickey Mantle items but I do need coaching in how to spot fakes.  what do you guys think of this Mantle signature on a recent Ebay auction?  Thank you!

Link and item number below incase the link doesnt work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190593098972?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_...

Item number:190593098972

Tags: mantle, mickey

Views: 2488

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mr. Zipper, that's a nice Mantle.

Thanks... by the way... it was an original ScoreBoard ball from the late 80s.

AWESOME BALL!! & Price Mr. Zipper!!!! 

Great Piece...great price !!!...glad you were able to pick up that cherry piece....real nice...now your going to make me throw a ball on this thread...yours is much nicer

That was a STEAL!

Heres one of Mantle's...i still don't have a single signed Mantle...there all multi signed...i keep this one displayed on the Mantle side since I have yet to own a single signed...this ball also has Ford, Dimaggio, Berra, Mize, Slaughter, Larsen and Richardson

Nice ball and grouping of signatures.

Mantle autographs are forged so much and they are usually so good it is tough.  The thing that I don't like about this as with some of the things I see on eBay is the picture is very blurry.  You can do the quick opinion from PSA/DNA I think that costs about $7.  Me personally if I were interested in buying it I would send the seller an email telling him that if you win the ball that you will be sending it to PSA/DNA or JSA for authenication and that it might take up to a a month to get the ball back.  You're probably looking at $100 to get it authenicated but it is the only way I would make the purchase.  If you look on eBay and authentic PSA/DNA or JSA Mantle ball goes for $600 and up.  I would make sure the seller will wave the 7-day return because you will not get it back that quick if you get it authenicated.  Just my opinion.

Good strategy and an honest seller will honor your request. Sometimes an honest seller will have a clunker and they just don't know it.

If the seller starts deflecting with stuff like  PSA and JSA suck and it's a conspiracy, and he gets to pick the authenticator... yada yada yada... run -- don't walk -- away from the item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330438273015?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_...

Hers another example of those style shaped "M"s in question...they must have this style in the PSA data base because it looks quite close to the "M" in question of the original post...I have seen them before...not common...but would say authentic

I wouldn't buy that ball even if authenticated.  The M's and the area of the k that is gone over would bother me forever.

Yeah, it looks too close to this fake for my taste. LOL

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service