We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

has anybody got information about what bookstores jerry is attending to sign his new book ? I say sign as I have seen at the barnes &noble store in new York while he will be in attendance the books will be pre signed and only the auther will be signing !! does that set any alarm bells off 

at this moment this is the only signing he will be attending  does anyone know of any others  as would really like to add him to my book collection and being based in uk I have to get in touch with the stores in usa !!

thanks

Views: 35019

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It does.  Looks very nice...

Mark

AGREE

Notice how the "Mensa" student points out the "L" in Lee but circles the "y" in Jerry to compare it with.  Oh the intelligence of the group.  Maybe this is why he thinks the books and known in person exemplars look the same….I'm just saying

Notice how the "L" in Steve Viola's recent item matches the "L's" in the items that certain (I can't even use the word I'd like to ) individuals claimed were examples of "Whitten" "L's".

I noticed that as well. Lets see.. The "L" looks just like the "Y". Case closed.

Mark

This one (on the left reproduced below) is not that controversial to me. One has to pick a side to be on. When zoomed in and viewed in detail, you could argue JLL either only signed "Jerry Lewis" this time (which none of the other hundreds of examples we have reviewed has shown) or he signed Jerry Lee Lewis and the L in Lee as pointed out by the Vanderhoven has a shape very similar to the L in the Lee circled on the three signatures on the right. It would seem odd and a quite rare example, possibly the only one ever, that JLL would leave out Lee in his signature. The zoomed in view appears to show the "L" or "Y" (depending on your belief) was formed as a separate and new pen stroke and not a continuation of the word Jerry.

Are we ignoring the fact that the ones are the right - the "Thanks" looks nothing like other real examples.  The bottom of the T has a curve to it - on mine there is no curve what so ever. Comparing these to the ones I have. 

I was ignoring everything other than the Y/L  issue in my last post. I will look at the thanks inscription next. On first look, I agree with you. What do you say about the Y/L issue Mark Roberts?

At first I was thinking that that is a Y.  I have not seen any example of a Y and L combined. I do not believe that the so called "L"in lee looks anything lil the L in Lee on the right.  Especially since it is combined with the Y like that. I am in no way confidence that the ones on the right are authentic. Too many red flags.  My opinion of course. 

Notice that the signature at the top right shows extended spacing between the “N” and “K” in "Thanks." This is a characteristic of an authentic JLL inscription. I’ve seen this before, including in the inscription from the JG autographs example. That example also has the curved bottom of the “T”. Another thing to consider is that JLL will many times "cross" a capital “T” prior to drawing the stem of the “T”. This is present in many of the “To”s from the TTM inscriptions.

I believe that it is in fact the "L" in "Lee". There's a noticeable prior pen lift, and it is consistent with the formation of the bottom of his "L", but not his "Y". 

Ballroom, anything you would like to add?

Yes, I would. Why did you ignore the image that shows a "Sincerely" that is clearly in the hand of JLL along with a "Thanks" that is consistent with the ones on the pick guards?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service