We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

So all you have to do is concoct a three-lines-of-text story and you can sell an autopen JFK for $1400! The seller stated that he got the photo from the estate of a man who "got it signed when (JFK) came to town (in 1960)." Now maybe that's really what the seller was told, but, of course, all the seller had to do was do a little research to find that is a very common JFK autopen signature. Not only that, but this signature was nowhere near the way JFK was signing on the campaign trail.

I also posted this just for the unlikely chance that a member here purchased it, so that he/she could try to get a refund. I highly doubt that anyone on AML purchased it, but you never know.

There's a pic below and a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHN-F-KENNEDY-JFK-Original-Ink-Signed-AUTO...

Views: 865

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well at least ignorance is bliss. The guy who bought this might go forever thinking he has a real JFK signed item. He can hold it in his hands and think "wow". Which is the same feeling he'd have gotten if in fact he did have a real one.

The problem will only show up when or if he tries to sell it.

Obviously not defending this at all, just saying.

Very true. We're all happy with our purchases until reality hits.

I still think it is crazy how many people collect this material without doing research on it. I think the research part is half the fun of the hobby, you can become like an amateur detective.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service