We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi all, i was recommended to come here via Facebook, hope I'm posting in the right area!

I picked up a load of vinyl a while ago that included a Jimi Hendrix axis bold of as love first pressing. I played it and didn't pay much attention but have just noticed that it seems to have been signed by the three members on the inside gatefold.

The consensus online so far is that the signatures are legitimate . Any advice or debunking welcomed. I've already been in touch with some auction houses and will be picking one soon.

Tags: Hendrix, Jimi

Views: 4239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to agree with Eva - I would be worried now.

It's not so much the bidding that worries me since the people who have the means to buy this are not the kind of people who will throw their money away by placing early bids - they will be in at the death (if they know about it).

It's the "knowing about it" bit that worries me and the poor promotion/organisation. It's history repeating itself for me.

Someone mentioned this item having a potential value of 40k? Personally, I would consign it to one of the major high-end album or autograph dealers for that kind of price and offer them 20% commission on the sale. Problem with that is it might take a couple of years to sell but at least you would be satisfied that you obtained the best possible price.

Looks like it's searchable on Saleroom now.

I do appreciate people's views, but please understand none of this has been an easy decision or something i know how to do. So just trying to take the advice and make the moves that suit me best!

Lewis, I wouldn’t be worried, you’re in fine hands with Bonhams. Out of the three major auction houses, Sotheby’s and Christies being the other two, Bonhams has been the most consistent auction house having music auctions over the past several years and have been getting high prices for the premium Lots (of which yours is) in their auctions.You can be sure that their clientele who collect music memorabilia (which I am one of)) have been contacted and are well aware of your signed Jimi Hendrix Experience signed Axis: Bold As Love that they are auctioning off on the 24th.I can tell you that I have signed up to do a telephone bid on it and doubt that I will be the only one doing so.I understand that you are new to dealing with auction houses, just be patient, you should do fine with this piece, it’s a beauty! All the best, Bob

Don't let anyone on this site scare you into pulling your item as Bonham's has a huge reach and gets top dollar for their high end stuff. Most people bid last minute and the album should sell for at least $25 grand (or more if there is a bidding war). 

+1. Stay the course. You're already rolling in gravy.

I'm not worried or stressed, just want to make sure it gets the best chance to get eyes on it. I've been very happy with Bonhams and really looking forward to being in the room on Wednesday. Might be a posh lunch in Harrods afterwards depending on the result. Either that or a wetherspoons commiseration cheapo!

Spoil yourself, and immerse yourself in the champagne of victory. You earned it.

The Nags Head pub is not far away from Bonhams and well worth
a visit, especially at the time of day you’d be going.It’s
small and it easily gets a bit crowded towards the evening.
Harrods is nice too, you can’t go wrong with either place,
though if you’re going to be hoisting a few...I’d go with the
Nags Head.

I'm much more a pub man than Harrods. Thanks for the recommendation!

Lewis, what do you figure you paid for that Hendrix album?

I'm not sure I should say in case it angers people, but basically nothing

People can be weird about stuff like that, but it’s nobody’s business but yours what you paid for it.  I, for one, have been very happy to follow your goodwill story, and wish you every success for a huge payout.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service