We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

"MESSENGERS: THE GUITARS OF JAMES HETFIELD" BY JAMES HETFIELD Signed (LIMITED SLIPCASE EDITION)

Views: 18361

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As pointed out some posts above, it depends on the country inside the EU that the item is shipped to, theres are different tax rates (e.g. for books) as far a I know.

Book available unsigned for $80. Yiish

I see they took the page down. Heres a screenshot from when I purchased. Oct 17th cant come soon enough

Shame he didn't rope the whole band into signing it.

If this was $150 on the Metallica website and supposedly limited edition,, supposed and numbered, I'm assuming this a regular open edition then? If it is, probably still a good deal. I think the book is $75ish unsigned.

Recommend Paypal though because if it's autopen, you can dispute it more easily and any COA from Premiere is only useful if you run out of toilet paper.  They don't check their stock and have had several autopen incidents in the last couple years. 

Yes appears this is a signed standard edition rather than the limited slipcase edition.

I also paid with PayPal considering the issues I’ve seen here with the company! Still a good deal if real though 

Yes, out of all the retailers, why did it have to be premiere? 518 left at the moment. 

I'm wondering, does Premiere ever have signed books  (not bookplates) just for themselves? 

Signed book sounds like publisher-bound, especially since there is no Premiere exclusive event (live signing). Other titles I can remember like Grohl or even Brent Spiner (who did have an event) were not exclusive to Premiere. Usually when they have a Premiere Exclusive the author will sign bookplates.

If I'm right these will show up at other retailers.

This is why I'm glad to have an order from the official Metallica store, I hope these one will be doubtless legit...

If the Premiere ones are legit they just screwed the people who bought the limited ones as far as secondary market value.  I mean if the main difference with those is that they are numbered and have a slipcase, most casual collectors would rather have the cheaper version and won't see the value in the premium edition. Not unless they have a better signature and premiere is getting the equivalent of sloppy street graphs. 

That's right, the price difference leaves a bitter taste if the offers only differ regarding the slipcase. If e.g. Waterstones would offer a signed edition, I would instantly order and maybe cancel the order from the Meallica store - but at the moment I'm glad to have the order from the official store.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service