another October 6 celebrity memoir...
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/michael-douglas-memoir-michael-dou...
Tags:
My brother and I were talking about how our orders from Books A Million haven’t shipped yet, we’re wondering if they are holding them purposely to investigate authenticity or if it’s just a delay. It would be a big chunk of money for all their shipping labels they’d have to provide for returns.
I have a bad feeling about this specific (waterstones) marker version.
The B&N pen version and others shows he doesn't come to a complete stop leaving a dot at the end, looks more natural and complete compared to these... I haven't had time to compare at all, just an initial observation based on experience that has my spidey sense tingeling lol. You're doing a ton of work lately. Its huge to our community. Every book release going forward should be suspect with these new autopen machines. I wonder if B&N, who are so lenient about returns, will take extra steps to avoid an autopen problem.
Is it possible there is a mixed bag? We've seen that plenty with other releases. Alicia keys comes to mind. There have been a bunch with the old style autopen machines so no reason why it can't continue now.
It will be interesting to see more as they come in.
Yeah, I agree. I was thinking earlier that this may be a mixed bag and that the marker versions are the ones to watch.
I’m trying to compile examples as I come across them, but still focusing primarily on Stallone to see what they may show. I’ll be watching this one though, and gathering examples. I encourage everyone to post their examples when they arrive.
Yeah, there’s been a lot to keep up with lately lol. I’m pretty bogged down with over 120 Stallone examples at this point. I know it may seem a bit excessive, but I do agree that every release should be suspect. That’s at least how I’m treating it going forward with any that I may buy.
I haven’t bought too many signed books since the Liza stuff, but for any that I do get, I compile as many examples as I can find and do a pretty thorough analysis (I did it behind the scenes for my copies of Jimmy Page and also for Jill Biden… I also looked at the Axl Rose as I was thinking about getting one but ultimately passed). I’m treating Stallone the same way, and plan to do the same for Michael Douglas.
Did anyone else order from Premiere? I did, mine won't be shipped until later in the month. I ordered it with the Christopher Lloyd and they are going to ship together. I didn't add jsa, so I'm interested to see what the Premiere ones look like if any have made it into the wild
© 2026 Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.
Powered by
Badges | Report an Issue | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service