Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 101474

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Christmas Break - gonna be quicker than that :)

Top one is another forger--doing the "Wiz" drawing.  That sig is on quite a few other things... and its not MJ's.  Note the dbl L in Michael (for those that don't know what dbl L means, Michael wrote the name "Michael" with a huge swoop at the end-the swoop IS his L. Forgers screw this up often---and add a cursive L and then a big swoop--so some of us coined the term the double L or dbl L).  I'm unsure where these originate from... but the seller likes to push things through Gotta Have Rock And Roll.  Here is another discussion where I point out quite a few of the dbl L styles sold there - same person.  http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/gotta-have-rock-and-...   (it's also way too dainty for MJ's writing style, he actually had a messy autograph - usually)

And can already see without overlapping, the red drawing is similar to the top "doodle" on the yellow legal pad sheet--minus an i again in Michael. 

:)

-w

Teachers Pet.  :)  I have to give you an A+ and you can take the rest of the break off.

Thank you for all you do and again I would like to wish all a Happy Holliday.

Those doube-L's are contagious.

Mike, the double L didn't come from Mem Vault too did it? 

I also shouldn't say "minus the i again in Michael" from my last comment, it should say plus the "wonky i".   I'm now coining it that term. 

We have dbl L's and wonky i's in just your post alone :) lol

-w

This (red pen face profile with circled lips) reminds me of a pencil sketch selling via GottahaveRockand Roll in November / December 12 - It seems to have been unsold.  It had only MJ initials, and not a full signature. 

http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/Michael_Jackson_Initialed_Hand_...

Amazing job Wascher!

Thanks. :)  Do you want me to share the other examples?  The Mickey Mouse Cooper and Owen one is rather fascinating on what item they traced it from :)

-w

Does this mean you think the earlier drawings/autos are know forgeries also?

It means I (and a few others) are questioning a lot of things of theirs right now, and we're looking deeper into their past items for sale.  We will report back what we find.

-ww

+1

what I still find strange though, is I don't seem to find any of the PR bumf that is normal to see for the people behind M Vaults.  Normally  memorabilia stores are  anxious to promote themelves as friends of the stars etc, etc & their exclusive show biz connections etc, etc.  It may be somewhere on google but it is interesting it doesn't seem to feature anywhere. 

Outstanding research, Wascher. Do you have any interest in Jerry Lee Lewis?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service