We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130592

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There were people following the auction very closely and kept track of the purchases of 462 because people were thinking it was a museum or the estate or the family.

Lot 648 MJ White House Jacket

Lot 675 MJ Bad Tour Shirt (signed)

Lot 681 MJ Military Jacket

Lot 695 MJ Bad Tour Thriller Jacket

Lot 704 MJ Bad Tour Thriller Jacket w/M

Lot 710 MJ Bad Tour Jacket

Lot 712 MJ Dirty Diana Shirt & Glove

Lot 720 MJ Pepsi & Awards Ceremony Jacket

Lot 724 MJ Military Costume

Lot 728 MJ Signed Peter Pan Jacket

Lot 745 MJ LA Gear Photoshoot Jacket

Lot 769 MJ Academy Awards Jacket

Lot 865 MJ Dangerous Tour Jacket

Lot 877 Dangerous Tour Costume

Lot 904 MJ Dangerous Tour Beat It Jacket

Lot 931 MJ History Teaser Film Jacket

Lot 953 MJ Scream Costume

Lot 954 MJ Scream Shoes (signed on bottom)

Lot 955 MJ Custom Jacket

Lot 956 MJ Military Style Jacket

Lot 983 MJ Awards Ceremony Jacket

There are more, but these were posted as the sale was ongoing.

Michelle,

This is really important. Can you find out if anyone has the rest of the list?

Thanks for the list! So she bought the "signed" BAD shirt for a cool $144,000!!

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/lot/33794/

It's actually one of the better attempts and a hard material to write on fluently from the looks of it, maybe that's why she was fooled.

Personally, I think it would be good to get the media interested in the story in order to keep the pressure up and make sure somebody else asks uncomfortable questions.

I know many of us MJ fans won't be entirely comfortable with talking to the press, but the story that Lady Gaga was possibly defrauded will put pressure both on the estate and on the police to make sure they get their facts straight.

Thanks, Helen...

I missed that on my list of signed lots!

If that list is correct, Lady Gaga bought these signed lots, too:

• Lot 675 MJ Bad Tour Belt (signed) $37,500
  • Lot 704 MJ Bad Tour Thriller Jacket w/M $180,000
  • Lot 728 MJ Signed Peter Pan Jacket $7,500
  • Lot 954 MJ Scream Shoes (signed on bottom) $31,250

Several of us have already tweeted the Team MJ site to her, not that she'll look but if she repeatedly gets the tweets that tell her to go look, she may.  And Hell will have no fury when she finds out she's been scammed, I am SURE she will make noise!

And here are the shoes ($ 31,250)

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/lot/34072/

It's a classic Bush, with the rounded J, giant k loop, n loop, awkward star burst.

and the L in love is wrong (chuckling here, that's what made me join this forum, that f'd up L) :))

These are the emails from Felix Sebacious of Bravado to a friend of Michael Jackson saying that the LO Gear standee was manufactured after MJ died.

In the first email Felix Sebacious of Bravado wrote:

"Can you direct me to the seller as the standee was manufactured after Mr. Jackson had passed away."

In the second email Felix Sebacious wrote:

"I am going to investigate this"

In the third email Felix Sebacious wrote:

"The appropriate channels are investigating this. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Truth and justice will prevail"

In the fourth email Felix Sebacious wrote:

"I am not in a position to discuss that with you at the present time."

I have written Felix Sebacious about the standee myself, but have not received any response. It makes you wonder what they have to hide.

I don't think it has to do with hiding anything.  They answered Michelle's email and stated to all of her questions that it was made after he died.  I believe they were pretty much bombarded with emails as they were called too and mentioned over 50 emails.  Since their business is directly with the Estate/Triumph, they are going to play it safe, answer truthfully, and try to keep their very big multi-million dollar deal with the Estate. 

I don't believe the fan base has started demanding answers yet, its still trickling in.   I went and searched on twitter mjonlineteam  (official online team that answer directly to John Branca/Estate).  Not one tweet yet directed to them to ask what's going on here. 

I agree Steve.  I see a clear pulling back here from Felix between the first and fourth emails. 

I wish I could be as optimistic as MJ-fan-1965.. I just don't see how Bravado can answer truthfully AND try to keep their very big multi-million dollar deal with the Estate at the same time.

I believe Michelle's email went in around the same time as his, and she asked all of the appropriate questions (we don't see "Waldo's" questions, just the answers).  

It looks like Bravado thought this was some random seller at first (as noted Felix asks to be directed to the seller). 

And I believe he answered appropriately that they are investigating through the appropriate channels.  

Since the question is not with the last response - guessing that they are pulling back or hiding something would be a big assumption.  (unless you know the question that was asked, because I don't lol)

I do think the last answer sounds cagey. It's obvious that a decision had been made to stop discussing details.

One would hope the reason is simply that they wanted to get to the bottom of it and not preempt a police investigation etc. This would also explain the pull-back by the Advance people.

But it could also be the Estate clamping down and trying to take control, and if that happened we can't be sure what they'll do with the information.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service