We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130592

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW!!! I called the standee manufacturers on Monday, they informed me the Michael Jackson cut out item number SKU 96 was first manufactured in October 2009, http://www.advancedgraphics.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1052... at the time the girl i spoke to was about to confirm it via email, but when i asked to also confirm it had never been made before, she panicked, and ended the call, i called back and she seemed worried asking me why i need the info, then asked me to call the licensing dept, Friday and speak to Craig, Craig was out the office until Friday,, I have waited from Monday to today to get this email, I called ten minutes ago, asked to be put through to Craig, the lady asked what i was calling about, tried to connect me, then came back AFTER speaking to Craig to tell me "We had a call yesterday, we can not talk about this product, you will need to talk to Bravado." Hmmmm Lets hope they deal with it via the correct channel, which is by filing a police report, because we will NOT stop, I urge you all to contact the local FBI and fax them the proof of the LAGear poster and the four expert reports from this discussion. this is the fax number (310) 996-3359  You can send free fax from your pc from here. http://faxzero.com/ please also email DEPT of consumer affairs DCA@dca.lacounty.gov we should make as much noise as possible!!

Uh oh. That sounds ominous. Great work!!! But I agree, the case should be strong enough now and the thousands of dollars involved should be enough to make the police listen. It sounds like a good idea to act before they have time to shred evidence O.O.

Can fans outside the U.S. contact them?
i also think we should gather all the links to expert statements, info etc. in one place in the private group so it's easier to find if it's needed quickly. Will make a start on that right away.

Helen download and send them these

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Thank you. Fantastic work finding and collating all these documents, a professional detective has nothing on you.

Just think where we would be without the internet...

Thank you Helen, its a Team effort, our site has Admin that work diligently for endless hours, we are Michael's Team :-)

So what reason would they have to not say the truth? I dont get it. The frustration of it all. It sounds like somebody has been getting to someone in high places. All it takes is one big bribe to the right people. They know what we need. We will pursue on.

IMO If this gets out, it makes Branca look like a fool, he wrote the foreword. Also $$ from Juliens previously have gone to MusiCare which was founded by Branca,  $$ from Bushs book is also going to MusiCare, So if they look bad he looks bad!!!

They had a phone call. I'm SURE they did.

We should have taken this private days ago, but really once the standee was spoken of here, it was already "observed".

I'll sent all attachments you just posted to FBI and DEPT of consumer affairs - had NO luck with them prior to the sell off though.

uuuggghhh :(

Why is it so hard to tell the truth? If the standee was manufactured by this company in October 2009, then it was. Bravado also said it was manufactured after Michael's passing. Why all the delay tactics and b*******? Why is Bravado asking us to not share their response. No settling and sweeping this under the rug like it did not happen.

And STILL the media is quiet.  I can hear crickets chirping they are so quiet.

Maybe it's the calm before the storm....

Good question, but maybe the bulk of them were made in Oct. but they may be checking to see if it was a prototype or if any prototypes were made earlier. I would much rather have them be sure than to say too much too early right.

I know we are anxious, but it is a large company I imagine, and things have to go through proper channels. Its best to err on the side of pre caution. Just as we need to be professional, so do they. If they say it was made in Oct., which I am sure is the truth, then I think they just dont want us to go rattling off all over and then find out a proto type was out earlier and Michael got one. They would look very bad then and maybe even sued also. 

Im trying to stay positive here, but I know its not easy.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service