We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just to clarify Juliens Auctions gets 20 to 25% from buyer, and 20% from seller!!  In previous post i had stated it was 35% total, sorry for the error,. for sales up to £49999. buyers premium is 25%. 20% for lots over $50,000. Plus seller pays 20%. So that's a hefty 45%;

Ca-Ching! $$$$

I was just speaking to Michelle, and she kindly pointed out commission is even more then quoted, i hope she comes and post the correct % Darren Julien gets,

More than the 40-45% which Juliens declares in writing in their registration terms and conditions?

Yes Wendy, for on line bidders is extra 3%. making it 43% to 48% to Juliens

Internet bidders pay an additional 3%.

That's not unusual or unreasonable, BTW. Internet bidders are less likely to pay by check. Credit cards and PayPal can cost in the 3% range, and if the card isn't "swiped" most banks charge a higher rate.

Passing off the additional overhead onto the consumer, yet again.  Tsk Tsk.  Now if only the product were authentic.

I don't have a problem with the extra 3%. The fees are clearly spelled out, and if someone's not happy with them, they can either pass or try to negotiate them down before the sale. All I care about is authenticity and fair-dealing. 

Thank you Steve for your undying support. It will be forever remembered  Sir, Love and respects to you...

Love  to my darling Wendy Christine who helped so much in the comparisons, narrowing it down to the one forger.

Lots of love to all the others that contributed so much, Sandy, Justin you are amazing.

And last but not least, God Bless the experts, without them we would never have got this far.

Many were devastated when the auction started, but i tried to reassure the concerned  not to worry, this is the beginning not the end! Lets hope we can get some justice for the hundreds who were scammed out of millions of dollars, most of all Justice for Michael Jackson as its his legacy that is hurt the most by these mass forgeries,,,,,

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Dear T, 

It was and continues to be YOU who leads the team for justice.  It was you, right in the first moments of viewing these forgery signatures who stated loud and clear that they are fakes. 

You saw it first, you made the contacts, reached out to Steve and the Pros... YOU made it happen.

The World now sees this injustice because you took action.

THANK YOU for the immeasurable hours you have contributed and continue to pour into the investigation and path toward justice.  In helping those defrauded to receive recourse.  In walking the walk.  For taking the brunt from the haters/deflectors and still being undeterred.  Always moving forward, mission in sight.

Happy New Year xo

Thank you Wendy, you are too kind,, In my mentions i forgot to mention one very important person,(how could I?) Jadzzia,,, My baby, It was Jadzzia who gave me the contact for Steve and the autograph site, If Jadzzia is reading this please tell how you found the AML, its so funny, it was via a post or something to do with Bush book signing, destiny....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service