We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

We now have a Musician-Direct Autograph Sales Forum where you can post individual discussions of new offerings. It's a big change—and a big improvement. We closed this discussion after 8 years but it will always be available to read. 

The new system has been in place for 2 months now and it's working well.

This video shows you how easy the new forum is to use.

You can follow the forum and be notified of new signings exclusively! And you can enter a musician's name in the forum's search box and find any discussions about them.

Be sure to click the Follow link at the bottom of the list of discussions.

Try it...I think you'll like it.

Steve Cyrkin

Though I recall a member posting a blog asking about this a while ago, I could not relocate it for my purpose in this discussion.

It can be nice when one stumbles upon a musician's shop (via their website), to see that they are selling their autographs. I figured this could grow as a wee database for listing those musicians who partake in this.

I recently recieved a couple press photos signed in ballpoint from John Mayall's website (http://www.johnmayall.com/merch.html). I am also aware that you can purchase signed CDs from Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits(http://peternoone.com/store/). John 5 ( formerly Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie guitarist) sells various items signed, with an option to dedicate.

So, does anyone else know of this being done by other musicians?

Views: 505933

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

James Atkin signed with a personal message 

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/james-atkin

Please do not copy to secret group.  I want this information shared with everyone, not just the chosen few:

RAY LAMONTAGNE

Ouroboros With Autographed CD Booklet

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/autographed-cd-pre-orders...

Here's the link. Michelle or I can approve members. She's in the UK, so between the two of us we should be able to approve membership fairly quickly.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/group/musician-sales-of-autograph...

thanks Steve

The new Musicians who sell autographs group is private, but in no way exclusive. It will be open to virtually all members of this site, so long as they follow whatever rules are set up. 

Autograph Live has 8,000+ members, but hundreds of thousands of people visit the site every year. You don't need to join if you just want to read it. Almost everything on the site is available to anyone.

But in this situation, I think that a private group is a good way to go. If you read through this discussion going back to 2011, you'll find that many members have posted signing information.

I think it's only fair to let members get the info first, if that's what members want.

Mike Kasmar,

I've known you for more than 10 years and know you're a good and very fair guy. And I like the RACC group.

What you're seeing here is collector frustration. Very much like when you go to buy tickets for a popular concert the moment they go on sale and all the decent seats are seemingly instantly gone and you're out of luck.

Then an hour later they're for sale at several times the price.

Fans and collectors just want a chance, and some dealers can be a bit aggressive when purchasing from these sales.

Up until now it's been a pretty fair exchange of information. Many here have said they don't have Facebook so the dozens and dozens of links shared here that originated from RACC benefit the community.
I truly appreciate your kind words and AML has had a huge impact towards keeping this hobby/industry safe and healthy. I understand how some would want to keep certain information private but I in this case both sides will lose out overall which is unfortunate.

I think all points have been well-made but again want to stress that if there was a mutual respect for this hobby by all involved, this issue wouldn't even come up.  I don't think both sides will lose out - if anything it might help to curb a growing problem.  Dealers that put the work in and get the signatures themselves can charge what ever they want for what they sell.  Making a quick buck off of these sales from the same collectors that are sharing these sites and buying from you, (the dealers), is insulting and shows a lack of respect for the hobby itself and the very people you are trying to sell to.  You have yet to address that primary issue.  How is posting these offers for people to reap financial benefit from "healthy" for the hobby?  I've said before that RACC has a lot of positive attributes and I actually buy from members so it's a mutually beneficial relationship but there are some people.. or I should say, some posts that demonstrate the downside to that site.  I'm not sure why it's expected that people there have to like or even tolerate everything done on the site and the way it's done.  People shouldn't have to worry about getting kicked off because they disagree with the way a few things are done there.  You all benefit from us being there as collectors (and customers) as we do from the knowledge shared.  Michael, you've seen my other posts on here asking that the offers i find not be posted on RACC right away and did it anyways.  I have no problem with any one on RACC getting the info but since so many people are looking to cash in on it, i'd rather the collectors get a fair shot at it first.. if you are truly a collector as well as a dealer, I would think you'd understand where I'm coming from.   

Ironic too, I've spent a lot of money on RACC, my last purchase was a Paul McCartney bass guitar for $4000. I guess rejecting criticism is more important than keeping customers around. Smart.

There you go with more lies Mike.  You weren't removed from the group because of your criticism.  You flat out lied and spread false rumors.  You admitted today you know he didn't cause Frank Oz to stop signing.

I said I know Frank stopped signing for reasons x,y,z and that josh did all of x,y,z. I'm not lying about anything Michael. I don't have some vendetta against you or Josh or dealers in general. I just don't like it when people ruin good things for others.

Nope...you're exact words were "One of your admins is responsible for Frank Oz no longer signing autographs."  When you posted that comment you didn't elaborate, you didn't mention that you personally think he contributed, you flat out accused him and only him.  Not cool man.

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service