We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

and he's swept me off my feet! And he's large and in charge! 23x35 to be exact. I must admit I'm quite taken by this Prince. As you can tell, I'm a bit excited, as most of us are when our new purchase arrives.

My new Prince is a very large signed poster from his first album in 1978, "Prince For You". The autograph and inscription read: "To Wanda Love You, Prince". And Prince added his symbol as well. Does the symbol constitute another autograph?

It's really quite stunning when you see it in person due to its rather large size with a huge picture of Prince. The autograph and inscription are large as well.

I'm somewhat shy to admit that it came from PressPass since there's been some negative discussion on here about them. And I myself have written about their seemingly cozy relationship with PSA/DNA. It does come with a PSA LOA. But like most of us, I don't just buy something because of the sticker. I thought it looked good too. And what's even better, Roger Epperson has looked at it, and he said, "It looks fine to me."

From what I've heard, these posters were only distributed in 1978 in the Minneapolis area. I don't know, however, if that's true.

Anyway, there are some pics below.

Views: 1070

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The guys say placing it in a toploader and then a frame isnt a very wise idea long term.
How come? Is it bad to put it in a toploader even if it is PVC free?
With photos the film can stick to the plastic and peel off.
With poster im not sure.
There was a whole thread on it.

It's beautiful!!!!congratulations!

Thanks, Julie! The word on the street is that you have a very unique, possibly one of a kind, Prince autographed item.

Oooh....I like that

I seriously feel the joy and it's making me smile

You should be smiling. It's a great piece. I happen to know the guy you got it from, and it wasn't easy for him to part with. Lol. Your Prince has a lot of personality and character to it.
I think you should go ahead and post some pics of it tonight or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow since it's kind of late.

I was talking about your joy...it's contagious!...and re mine, it is very cool and I just love it!..okay, I'll post some pics soon!

Ok, cool. And thanks for sharing in my excitement!
Thanks for the advice, Paul. I'll look into it. The thought of it sticking to the plastic was exactly why I didn't want to put it directly in the frame. So it's something I need to think about.
The older collectors are well informed about this. Eric, Pete chuka and Eric.
Id look into a preservation style frame because i know how much you paid for it.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service