We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A terrible loss of a great American.

Tags: autographs, neil armstrong

Views: 22385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and it may have sold but the reserve wasn't met.  the seller did id the bottom signature as an autopen but then claims he sent it back and months later it arrived with the upper signature.

I obtained it through the mail in the early-90s when I was actively collecting autographs.  When I originally received a response, I received it with only the autopen (bottom signature.)  Disappointed, I returned it to the address of his office with a polite letter explaining I was collecting autographs of historic individuals (including Eagle Scouts) and was hoping he would be kind enough to add his personal signature to the photo.  I included a self addressed stamped envelope.   After several months, I had not received anything and figured my request would go unanswered.  Then one day my envelope appeared in my mailbox.  I was delighted to see he had added his signature above the autopen.  Although I cannot guarantee its authenticity 100% (given I did not see him actually sign it) my research and the unique circumstances receiving the photo and comparison against verified signatures indicates it is his personal autograph

yeah thats fake chris. by the way this is clutchpromo from youtube, you may remember me. i was a big fan of your videos.

here's a good deal i found for $2300. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Armstrong-Autographed-8x10-NASA-Photo-...

Damn, Ryan (Clutch), how the heck are you?  Nice to have you here.

Thank you! It is great to have you here to. Not enough people care about the industry as much as you do, which is good. I've been great thanks, how about you?

p.s. I wonder if coach's corner will be putting up neil armstrong signed and "game used" moonboots for auction next month.. ha

I sure we can look forward to quite a few Neil Armstrong autographs from Roach's Corner next month.

That's what I meant by "interesting." 

That $2,300 BIN is a beauty. And everything about it adds up... Purportedly obtained in 1983, mid 80s signature style, correct pen type for that time frame, and the correct artwork on the back of the litho. Perfect.

thanks mr zipper! it will look great framed with red satin matting and a gold frame!

and yeah chris, you are right, scammers corner will add tons of them. although they are supposed to be worth thousands, 80% will be non-pictured lots without a description.

for posterity

Good news guys....remember the horrible $2750 forge someone here posted, which had a buyer? The seller just relisted it (hopefully no one buys it), which means that the buyer backed out and didn't pay for the $2750 forgery. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-NEIL-ARMSTRONG-original-Color-Photo-...

Good catch, Ryan.  The buyer may have submitted it to "Quick Opinion" or had someone look at it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251140375474

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service