We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The story on this one is sketchy...claims to have been 'concert used" it certainly looks USED....but it could have been just some old used Drumhead someone got signed..IF the signatures are even real. I did not see this one signed.

Can someone check the KURT, dave Grohl (which from my in person examples from Grohl this- appears authentic to me) nad the third member--Krist... but for some reason..he signed this with a  "C" iot looks like not a K for Krist...it looks like Christ...??? SO I have questions on its authnetiity...i have no other info...signed around 1992

Tags: cobain, dave, grohl, krist, kurt, nirvana

Views: 7942

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No  iwasnt joined here several months ago...i didnt see the Petty you posted... I would take  look at the signature if you want..what is the link....

Many thanks. The link is below. To ammend my statement, I did get responses as to whether is was real or not, but I then posted a photo of the guitar head inscription to see if anyone could figure it out-which wasn't answered- check it out and let me know...

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/tom-petty-heartbreak...

I have no idea who wrote on the back of the guitar neck...I dont know who that is. I read the consensus opinion is that guitar is authentic..my opinion differs because I have many signatures of Benmont and Howie in the 90's they are pretty consistent with their autographs..very identifiable... and i never had a hand lettered- printed one..once. only script.  My signatures are all from 1992 to 2008.this is dated 91...but I have never had Benmont  or Howie  hand print their names(Howie is deceaed  now is he not?)
I have no idea who wrote on the back of the guitar neck...I dont know who that is. I read the consensus opinion is that guitar is authentic..my opinion differs because I have many signatures of Benmont and Howie in the 90's they are pretty consistent with their autographs..very identifiable... and i never had a hand lettered- printed one..once. only script.  My signatures are all from 1992 to 2008.this is dated 91...but I have never had Benmont  or Howie  hand print their names(Howie is deceaed  now is he not?)
You're right, I forgot about that. As horrendous as the Ringo art is, it is signed by him and still available on the market.
never in my life have i seen nirvana autographs look like that cd cover. it's bad dude.

It seems that no matter fake or authentic Nirvana autographs look very often very different.

"Kurt", "Kurdt" etc.. Assuming many collctors and fans are looking for their autographs it would be very helpful if people with authentic Nirvana autographs could post scans here for others to see.

Mike, thanks for posting them. I am not an expert on Nirvana autographs, but based on the few authentic ones/scans that I have seen. There is at least one common element. When Krist signed "Krist" (and not "Chris") the "S" seems to be a "large" one, a bit like: "KriSt". Not a capital letter, but "dominating" the last letters of the autograph. This is as I said an amateur analysis. Not scientific at all...

Hi Mike, I just wanted your opinion.

The other day one of the comments made about my Nirvana cd was that Kurt "never" put a peace sign with his signature.  From what I know this is not the case.  What do you think about this.

Thanks,

Anne-Marie

Oh well, thanks anyway.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service