We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

NEWLY SURFACED LENNON SIGNED IMAGINE ALBUM???

What's your opinions on this Lennon autographed IMAGINE album from WFIL?

I believe it's AUTHENTIC. That would make it one only 12? Known to exist. I used to own one and sold it at GOTTAHAVEROCKANDROLL auctions. This has probably one of the best placed signatures I've seen on an IMAGINE album. It also has the doodle and the year, which is rare for WFIL. I only know of a few others with the doodle.

I feel it is very similar to this WFIL signed TWO VIRGINS.

Pictured is another from WFIL with the doodle and year which looks like it reads 78 but its 75.

Also pictured is a 1975 test press album inner sleeve signed by John. Pretty similar doodle and date formations.

I like the fact it has the doodle and year which is SPOT ON to my eyes. It gives more forensics for you to look at other than an autograph which can be practiced over and over.

Views: 6550

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

WFIL Man,

This is an A,B,C,D,E autograph comparison composite with an image of E between each of A thru D so they can be compared closely.

What are the tells that made you burn E?

Click the comparo image to see it uncropped.

This I a test comment.

The burned one didn't have the flow and overall feel to my eyes. Also my professionality slipping and offering it caused more trouble than it was worth. It also brought out members violent sides. full blown "you wanna burn a possible Lennon we should burn you".

Here's a pic comparing a section of the one you burned and the same section in the other 4. They all look in the same hand to me. What am I missing?

To my eyes overall flow and speed is more bulbous.

What do you mean by the overall flow and speed are more bulbous?

I mean i really dont know how else to explain it. It's just the over all autograph itself. it's nuances are overall bulbous and are not akin to my trained eyes. I even stated in the original listing I was not sure to begin with. I shouldn't have put it up. It's no good to my eyes.

Who did you buy it from? Why didn't you try to get your money back instead of burning it?

Of which a number came with Original candid instamatic photos and or the flyer.

I have issued an EOA (email of authenticity) to Karen  stating my OPINION on the imagine album. I feel it's authentic. I base this opinion using 10 years of experience compiling and studying John Lennon autographed materials from his solo era, especially WFIL. 

WFIL Man,

The reason you said that you specialize in WFIL John Lennons is because Lennon's autographs from his WFIL Radio signing in 1975 "...tend to be rushed, atypical, sloppy and sometimes downright ugly and hard to verify as authentic by today's third party authentication services."

What concerns me is that all but a couple of the autographs I've been able to find that you've owned, offered or sold are one of two types:

These with the large, high loop at the end of the 'O' of John:

And these with no distinct 'O' at all:

If there are so many varieties of WFIL Lennons, why are all but a few of yours one of two styles?

When beginning the process of compiling, I got sent a lot as a way of record keeping and weren't for sale. I bought and consigned a few and when looking I try to find trademarks consistent with others I had that received good feedback from others. I want an album but all tge albums are either too expensive or not for sale which I got told quite a bit.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service