We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The ambassador of soccer had a new book released today.

He did a book signing a midtown Barnes & Noble.  It was supposed to start at 5PM.  He finally showed up about 6:30...then decided to leave at 7:30 with scores of people still waiting.

The store offered book refunds, but had to close because there were so many angry people.  Not out of control, but angry.

As an ambassador, Pele should be recalled.  

Views: 3052

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Usually, these types of events have a disclaimer claiming autographs are not guaranteed.  I went to a Milan team signing a couple years back, and you had to purchase $100 of in-store merchandise to get a wristband for the meet and greet.  Even with the wristband, Adidas still made sure you knew that autographs were in no way guaranteed.  

In this case, I'd put the blame on Pele and his people rather than Barnes and Noble.  At the end of the day, Pele controls his own actions; no matter how well Barnes and Noble tried to plan accordingly, he is the one who has to hold up his end of the deal.

I am so glad I didn't travel from Philly to NY for this nightmare.  I've been trying to get Pele's autograph ever since he cancelled his Nov. 2013 Chicago Sun Times appearance.  I had bought a jersey, a soccer ball and a photo for him to sign and am currently out of pocket on these items plus the mail order shipping costs.  I still count my blessings though that I didn't fly to Chicago as I was tempted to do for this "icon."

The  only good that came from my attempt to get Pele's signature was the soccer ball found it's way to a children's charity for the holidays.  For those of you who wasted 4+ hours out of your day, please know you are not alone in your disappointment w/ Pele.  It seems he has a history of letting his fans down.

The sad part is, if he were to announce a signing tomorrow, I'd still want it.  I just won't jump through hoops to get him.

It seems like having a TV show will help you get a signature from Pele.  http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/81708426689/jon-stewart-gushes-after...

I want to know if it was game worn. Of so it's worth a lot. If not it's just meh

Gosh; just now reading this thread after I just got Pele TTM on a trading card. I sent him a blank index card in February, hoping just for that to get signed. Yesterday, I opened the mailbox and he had sent back a nice 2013 Topps Allen & Ginter trading card personalized and signed in black Sharpie. Should I count my lucky stars on this one? I had no idea he was so hard to get in person.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service