We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Garry King is well liked by some but I see a big problem with some of the items I see on his site.  I'm not referring to Kenny Baker and other small bits but rather the large $$ music items.

Dealers in the UK might not be aware of current music item that they offer for sale.  In another thread several autographs from Autografica were deemed fake.  The items were Clint Eastwood, Charlton Heston and Harrison Ford.

He might not know there is a problem. 

Tags: Charlton, Clint, Eastwood, Ford, Garry, Harrison, Heath, King, Ledger, Philippe, More…Ryan, heston

Views: 33648

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i bought a white card , in the process of getting refunded for it now

I do agree with you Grant that Garry should post and clear this up

I'm not sure if according to UACC and AFTAL rules the onus is on the seller to provide evidence of authenticity. Do their policies state that? In most cases it's up to the customer asking for a refund to establish reasonable doubt on authenticity.

Veiled threats - however they manifest themselves are typically met with sarcasim as the "belittling comments" commence with such threats that can be considered blackmail in some cases depending on the circumstances.

nonetheless,  it would be interesting to see the "evidence" that supports the claim, "AFTAL held a meeting with all board members where they viewed all the photo and video and say it conclusively proves, beyond any doubt,  that they are in fact genuine and that Adrain (sic Adrian) was there every time he said he was" you cite.:  That way it takes the messenger out of the middle.

It just strikes me that if someone can easily refute the claims but they, ...proof belongs to Adrian and if he doesnt want it posted on here or anywhere else then it wont be don't want to have it held up to scrutiny then I would be very suspect.   There is an old saying in the "US of A" becareful of letting the fox guard the chicken coop.

Im not sure what your referring to as Ive not seen any threats made on this or the deleted thread

read cyrkin's post which has, "they're also planning to "expose" Roger and me with junk like Autograph Alert and ANL published. But I got the impression that if we took this discussion down and didn't keep talking about it, they might not do that."   not to mention the choice of such sources that have landed some in litigation as well as others on the loosing end of settlements.

Thats just BS and id be very interested to know where Steve got it from

It's not BS Mick. 

In fact, there's a thread on ACAF I was made aware of last year, where AFTAL founder Marc Mclennan was called out on a band-signed Queen album that someone thought was a forgery.

Mclennan said it came from RRAuction and was authenticated by Roger Epperson. I checked and found that RR never sold it and Roger never authenticated it...which was obvious since they were just average forgeries. When I mentioned that in the discussion, Mclennan started referring to things posted about me on AA and ANL. So I think I know whose idea it is.

That was on ACAF Steve. Autograph Collectors Against Fakes a very good forum here in the UK

http://acogb.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=541.0

@DB - i can neva work out if it is losing or loosing eitha? oar sediments or settlements or ?????? damn knot god at this

PS - bad attempt at levity!!!

Sorry DB - late nite red wine - its 10.00pm Wednesday in Oz

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service