We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

My sister was a "stewardess" for National Airlines in the late 1960's. Ray Charles was on one of her flights and signed an "Occupied" seat card and gave it to her. I have the card. What would be its worth? While researching online, one source listed $400...but I'm not sure...can add a picture.

Rebecca 

Views: 6515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I decided to remove the ones I think I should get second opinions on until I do. But the MJ and McCartney are especially obvious to me.

I asked a friend to check out some of their Movies/TV autographs and he liked most of the ones he saw, so I think there might just be sporadic issues. Modern autographs are hard, so most dealers have some bad material unless they get it themselves.

Thanks a lot to your friend who liked most of the autographs he saw on my website ! I obtained 99,9% of my autographs by myself and in person including Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney that you judged as fakes ! Shame on you to ruin my reputation in 5 words on this forum ! What kind of expert are you to say that these two are fakes while they are GENUINES ??? And you say you did not like what you saw on my website, so please share with everybody ! Like that everybody will see that you are the liar and not me !

I perused some of the classic autographs on their websites. The first name I tried that had a result was James Stewart and that was an autopen: It isn't purported to have been signed in person. Interestingly, the few names I tried that were in stock which were claimed to be signed in-person actually looked pretty good.

This is unfortunately the only photo "proof" I have from the day I met Michael Jackson and he signed this picture in person to me... On the same day, I also get these 2. You don't like them ??? But they are AUTHENTICS !!! As the McCartney is !

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Now to come back to the main topic, I met Ray Charles a few times between 1998 and 2003. He always refused to sign autographs, ALWAYS, even once when I was sitting next to him talking with him for 20 minutes. For sure Ray Charles did not sign this autograph alone, and I've never pretended he did ! Like everybody know he was blind and I don't think somebody blind can sign like that. Ray Charles usually always refused to sign, saying that he never signs what he can't see, but this day back in july 2000, in Juan les Pins (South of France), he was with Jean Pierre Grosz (his french manager and best friend) and I don't know why he accepted to sign for me, WITH THE HELP OF MR GROSZ. They were both holding the pen (like Stevie Wonder does when he signs autographs) and this is rare enough to ask 500€ for this autograph. I know almost all the in person autograph collectors in France, Germany, UK, Italia, Switzerland, California and NOBODY get this in the last 30 years !!! Even when he left his handprints in 1999 in Juan les Pins he refused to sign !!! If he has signed alone I would have asked 5000 € or more. So please don't talk when you don't know, and next time maybe just ask me before discredit me on such a forum ! I am not a forger, a swindler, or a stupid guy and I don't sale copies, ttm/secretary autographs because I obtain all my autographs in person ! Thanks in advance !

Xavier,

This is the Michael Jackson I said I'm concerned about:

These are the two MJs you said you got the same day:

I think the ones you say you got the same day are likely genuine. The one that I said I don't like does not have the same characteristics and signs of authenticity that the others do. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

As for the Paul McCartney: I'm sorry, but it doesn't look like any McCartney I've ever seen that's considered genuine.

Yeah...I've got a signed document that's almost exactly as the one above.  There are those that believe Ray never signed anything.  Some days I think that's true.  Other days I don't.  Tough to know.

Nobody is calling you a liar Xavier. The Ray Charles item looks nothing like any genuine autograph that he signed that I have signed and there are not many. Also 500 Euros for a real one is very low.

I also agree with Steve on the McCartney and Jackson items he flagged up, both look well off to me as well.

I have no doubt you sell many good items but when items are not real or look off they need to be questioned and investigated

Nobody is calling me a liar but you and Steve Cyrkin are still saying that my Jackson and McCartney autographs are not real when I say I get them in person ! What can I say more? I've posted a picture of Michael Jackson and me holding this picture just seconds before he signed it to me, this is the only proof I have. I GET THE MICHAEL JACKSON AND THE PAUL MCCARTNEY AUTOGRAPHS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IN PERSON !!! THEY SIGNED THE PICTURES IN FRONT OF ME !!! I SAW THEM WITH MY EYES !!! Now you saying that they're fakes or saying that I'm a liar isn't the same thing ? It is absolutely scary how this forum can kill a serious dealer like I am for more than 10 years in just 2 minutes ! I can't believe it !

Sorry but those 2 items are not real, say as you will but they do not look close. I have been collecting well over 30 years and seen most styles and signatures and these do not match. They do not even match other examples you are selling but you seem to ignore that fact and refuse to explain why and play the victim card.

Ok you are a genius ! What an expert !!!! You can say what you want it's very easy ! How ridiculous your comments look from where I am when I KNOW THEY'RE REAL because I get them in person !!!

What would you like me to explain ?

And by the way I'm the victim but don't play that card...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service