We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Rock and Roll Collection Concerns [Title revised by moderator]

I see this site brought up a lot on this site for autograph references.

http://www.rockandrollcollection.com/

problem is, who ever this Stephan is he has a load of forgeries up here too. I get messages from people from time to time saying he has offered to sell a member here an item or two and it is never the real stuff imo, it is usually the fake stuff. Greed. He wants money but doesn't want to part with the good stuff.

Eagles are his most famous work. Attached is a screen shot of his fake work (not limited too). Notice how they are the same..... duh. If you look through his stuff he has loads of fake Zeppelin, Beatles, Springsteen, Stones, Floyd and more. Even the so called authentic Traveling Wilbury's is not real. Maybe the George and Petty are ok but 100% not the Lynne and I'm pretty sure the Dylan is bogus also. Anyway, I don't wish to debat about this guy and his ethics but if you are using him a reference be careful and I wouldn't buy anything from the guy either.

Views: 28655

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm more concerned about the McCartney's like the one I posted that are just terrible.  Steve Cyrkin mentioned that he was not comfortable with a whole bunch of them as well.  The Leonard Nimoy's are another big concern, as well as the Harrison Ford that Pete Chuka mentioned.  Pete is one of the foremost experts on Harrison Ford in the world.  Stephen has successfully dodged all of my questions to this point.

And the bit about him having to sell some of his autographs that are never for sale because he had to pay $12,000 to update his website... that's just straight BS.. which makes me less inclined to believe all his other stories.

Christopher, very simply put, I'd expand to accept the autograph as genuine if he had proof. You have to understand that this Brian signature is so far off that as somebody who's spent years studying queen autographs, I cannot honestly say I believe this item to be genuine. Like Stephen so understandably quipped back to me, if he could somehow find the photo proof that this item is genuine, I'd be happy to issue him an apology. Otherwise, unfortunately I and a few other Queen collectors will have to follow our eye and say "not genuine". It's nothing personal at all, and believe me, I want to be able to tell him that all his pieces are genuine. But all I can speak for is Queen, and I do believe my opinion has so far been respectfully put across. Like I mentioned before in other points in this thread, I do not suspect that he is a shady seller or dealer. He is not attempting to sell the LP. I have not seen proof that he is attempting to sell any fake Queen piece. I think like most people, he simply has a mixed bag of genuine and fake items in his collection. I realize that by my saying this item is fake, it casts a shadow on his integrity as he said he obtained it in person, and I am sorry that's the case. This could very well be the only case of Brian genuinely signing this strangely. However, I must admit that I have seen some of his signatures that were rushed and obtained while he was walking and being distracted, and I have never seen any of them come out to look anywhere near that. So you'll understand my concern. If he had proof, I'd be happy to add it to my collection of examplers to learn from. My intention is not to harm this man's reputation, but to state my opinion. Of which, I am not alone in. And this man has such a high reputation, any honest question or concern about his items that are met with calm, and helpful responses are taken as classy and mature.
I have to admit that I've never seen a Brian May like that. So I totally agree with Innuendo this time. If it's genuine, it would be a new kind of signature by Brian we've never seen before.

I simply do not understand the motive behind N. Steiger posting this discussion.  Why would anyone care about a collector's private collection that is not even for sale?

The issue is that he is selling some of it, members here have purchased items from him and folks on this site often use his website to authenticate questionable signatures.

Got it.  Thanks Mike T.

Ballroom, Terrier:

Here are all 3 of the McCartney High in the Clouds autographs together. I didn't change the sizes. 

Do you still think that the top one was signed by someone other than McCartney?

I still do not like the first one.

It's odd looking, but based on the comparison it looks like it could in fact be authentic with some unusual characteristics.

Thanks, Ballroom. I definitely understand why it would cause a lot of people pause.

I have to call out this "N. Steiger" by starting this thread potentially libeling a respected member of the autograph community. "A Forger in our Midst?"  Donald Trump would be proud of that headline!  I have NEVER known a forger to put up 100's of signatures on a public website for all to see -- yet not sell anything that is on there!  Forgers would sell their own souls for money (and often do).  I've been asking him for many years if he could part with some of his collection and he has always politely turned me down. Ever heard of a forger NOT to want to make a sale?  Yes, he recently has offered up some of his Eagles collection and those items are 100% authentic (and a well known authenticator who no longer participates in this site agrees).  I can't speak to every single item on his website but the Stephen Duncan I know is an honest in-person autograph collector who I have and would buy from again.

Well stated.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service