We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hi folks!

I have a book, called "The Kansas City Athletics" by Ernest Mehl, that one of my uncles gave to me back when I was a kid. I'm 32 now. I think he gave it to me because I used to be really into baseball and collecting baseball cards. I have now moved on to other passions, but I have continued to hang on to this book. The special thing about this book, is that it has a Roger Maris autograph that reads "To Pam, Best Wishes Roger Maris". This looks like a good place to get a start to see if this may be authentic, and to see if you have any ideas about how to get the authenticity verified, and to get this book into the hands of someone who is passionate about collecting cool sports memorabilia. Here's a link to an auction site that was selling a cut out version of a similar autograph, with similar circumstances: http://www.iconicauctions.com/lot-35270.aspx. That's all I got, so let me know what you think! Thanks!

Tags: Autograph, Baseball, Book, Collectibles, Maris, Roger, Signature

Views: 1243

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Authentic in my opinion.

Thanks!

that is a very nice late 50's, authentic Maris signature.

Thanks!

Well that's pretty damn cool! Thanks heath emery and terrier8HOF! Is it worth getting officially authenticated through an authentication service if I plan on selling this? What is the best avenue for getting it authenticated? Then, what is the best way to sell this piece of memorabilia? Thanks for the info!

-drew

Well I would say yeah it is worth getting authenticated. It gives the buyer more confidence and can get you the most money. Usually psa dna is 150 bucks or so. Or of course someone you can trust like roger for example.
Ebay has always been a good avenue just because It is so popular. Do some searching and find one similar to yours Either authenticated or non authenticated. Finding out what they actually sell for is a better rough estimate rather than what people are asking!

Thanks again for the help!

Unauthenticated it is worth $250-300 or so to the right collector IMO.  

Authenticated by JSA or PSA/DNA for a charge of $75 + shipping would make it worth $400 or so.

It is personalized which hurts it but it is still a nice item.

Authenticated by PSA, the item *might* be worth anywhere from $500-$800, depending on the environment it gets sold in. There's an unauthenticated one on eBay right now for $200, with a signature that isn't nearly as clean as yours.

I'd be interested in acquiring it if you are indeed selling. Mind me asking how long the actual "Roger Maris" signature measures though?

Oh God Mike wants to cut another piece up... 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service