We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hi folks!

I have a book, called "The Kansas City Athletics" by Ernest Mehl, that one of my uncles gave to me back when I was a kid. I'm 32 now. I think he gave it to me because I used to be really into baseball and collecting baseball cards. I have now moved on to other passions, but I have continued to hang on to this book. The special thing about this book, is that it has a Roger Maris autograph that reads "To Pam, Best Wishes Roger Maris". This looks like a good place to get a start to see if this may be authentic, and to see if you have any ideas about how to get the authenticity verified, and to get this book into the hands of someone who is passionate about collecting cool sports memorabilia. Here's a link to an auction site that was selling a cut out version of a similar autograph, with similar circumstances: http://www.iconicauctions.com/lot-35270.aspx. That's all I got, so let me know what you think! Thanks!

Tags: Autograph, Baseball, Book, Collectibles, Maris, Roger, Signature

Views: 1243

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just realized its a book ;) 

There's a reason he's "Mike 'the Knife'" Kam.

The "Roger Maris" autograph measures 2.25" long X 1.4" tall.

It looks like it reads "To Tom" instead of Pam.  The T from the To and the first letter of the name look the same.  Was your uncle's name Tom??  Cool item though.

Thanks Steel! You're totally right. Duh. No Toms in the family, an uncle Tim, but it was my uncle Robert that gave it to me. Must be a Tom in the family somewhere though.

Feel free to email me at mikekam94@gmail.com if you're interested in selling it :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service