We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Greetings. I was hoping to get some feedback from fellow Doors fans on two items I recently purchased. This was the first major purchase for my collection. Sadly, I think I was scammed.

Views: 2643

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They bought from Antiquities because their stores were in high-end, respectable locations: Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, and Caesars Forum Shops. They felt the stores wouldn't be allowed there if they were dishonest. 

They became concerned they'd been screwed and their googling on GAI and Antiquities brought them here.

Thank you Steve, much appreciate you taking the time to post this information. This is mind blowing that they have taken advantage of so many people. I am going to call my credit card company today and make sure the fraud department is aware of Dalshire's and GFA's histories of scamming people.

David, the forgery industry (as I call it) is bigger than ever.   Ebay, the largest auction platform, is a cesspool of forgeries.  It's unfortunate that people assume that Ebay filters out forgeries, but they don't care.

And that's why we here at AML will continue to expose that sell forgeries.

I've written at length on this platform about the extent of forgeries on ebay. There are literally cartels of organized professional thieves selling on an industrial scale on ebay. That does not mean you cannot buy successfully, you just need to develop strategies to recognize and avoid the fakes.

So true, BGK.  I've been (like numerous other collectors here on AML) exposing forgeries for two decades now and it's as bad as ever today.

Thank you Chris! After I began to doubt the authenticity of the items I purchased I started doing research on Dalshire and GFA and found the work you guys have done with AML. Over the past week, I have learned much from AML members. Glad I found this group of like minded collectors.

You're welcome from all of us, David.

To be honest, it is very rare that we get the kind of feedback from people like you who got ripped off.  It's nice to know we can assist someone every so often.

Do all you can to get your money back, David.

HI Chris:

I truly appreciate everyone's feedback and advice. I am glad to be a member of the group and will continue my interaction and "pay it forward".

As of right now, my credit card company pulled all of the funds back, but it is provisional. Apparently, Dalshire will have a chance to state their case which is when they will pull out the GFA COA's. At that point, I will unload all of the information on GFA and show how they work in tandem with auctioneers to rip off buyers. I am sure it will work out in my favor thanks to all of them assistance the group has provided.

Steve, this is valuable information. Thank you for putting this together and sharing. I am keeping a file of these documents to share with the credit card company. I did reach out to John House at Dalshire to arrange for the return of the album and flyer. This was his reply -  "They are not counterfeit. Please call me at 972-837-0404 and let me know what is going on". I didn't reply yet. After reading the lawsuit documents, one would think they would tread much more carefully.

Here is the latest... John from Dalshire wants to send the items to the ASQDE, specifically Grant Sperry, for analysis. After spending an hour on the phone with him, it was pretty clear that AML is the bane of his existence.

Obviously, they know exactly what they’re selling and you’re getting a disingenuous response. That’s probably the usual routine when they get a return request. May I ask if you showed him the signature on the back of the business card? It wouldn’t accomplish anything, but I’m just curious as to what was said about it. You could also ask why the “13” LP wasn’t consigned to an auction house where it would fetch $25K+ if it was authentic.

Unfortunately, I was not able to do much talking. The business card you shared with me was a point I planned on bringing up. It almost looks like it was traced from the image. The true market value for an authentic signed album and extremely limited availability of such items are two more points I want to bring to his attention.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service