The Signed Deluxe edition of Renegades will be on sale at Barnes & Noble on Dec 7th. Limit of one per person and instore only. No online orders . Barnes and Noble members only and the price is $500, 10% for members RENEGADES: BORN IN THE USA. (barnesandnoble.com) 

and Amazon Amazon.com: Renegades: Born in the USA (Deluxe Signed Edition): 978...

Views: 52645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have an item you think a lot of people want. I just consigned an item to Goldin after reaching out to a rep -- very straightforward process, and it arrived safe (though I posted first-class tracked all the way).

I agree with Steve's point completely -- there's stuff on some auction sites that I could find for much cheaper normally, but these sites are geared towards collectors/buyers who have far more disposable capital to play with (the craziness of the collectibles market over the past two years notwithstanding).

No kidding, I have 2 and planned to keep them put up but hell I'd probably let them have both for $3000 lol 

I'd like to know more about these as well. I have an SNL album signed by the 2nd season cast.. Belushi, Radner, Murray, Aykroyd, Newman, Morris. JSA authenticated.. I posted it on this website years ago..  Im not interested in selling yet, maybe 25 years from now. It would still be nice to know what my options are. If I could get a ridiculous price for it now,  id be willing to think about it.. still, I most likely wouldn't sell it.

Auctions usually do not work the way that a ridiculous price is guaranteed or it does not sell. For that you're better off placing the item on eBay - sometimes rare items sell even if the asking price is exceptionally high.

An auctioneer has a responsibility to the sellers as well as to the buyers (both pay fees and are his customers). What sets an auctioneer apart is usually a specific expertise and a large dedicated customer base. The returning buyers are what make the auctions successful, so bidding should be fun.

Items that are overpriced from the start won't get any bids. Lots passing are not profitable for the auctioneer and no fun for participants. Items with a high hidden reserve will get bids, but when bidders keep seeing "reserve not met" when the item reaches a reasonable price then they'll lose interest.

Therefore the auctioneer makes an estimate of the value of your item and agrees with you on a starting price and/or hidden reserve. He wouldn't want those to be far from the realistic estimate.

Every seller hopes for a bidding war where an item sells much above the estimate. But if you only want to sell for that ridiculous amount, the auctioneer simply will not take your item into consignment.

Also consider the fees, they can be quite high. 

Restocked on amazon uk

https://amzn.to/3L3gYYF

U.S. store still has them for $372.70, still aggravated that I paid nearly $600 for one but I guess you can't win them all. 

https://www.amazon.com/Renegades-Born-USA-Deluxe-Signed/dp/05935779...

Unfortunately too many people undercut the prices when people were getting them for 250-300/ea. Still that’s cool they’re on sale and it’s pretty reasonable, but I feel for everyone who paid retail.

I just noticed my B&N now has them back in public view behind the counter again.

Yeah, I wasn't really collecting signed books at the time and saw what previous Obama and Springsteen's were going for and figured it was a no-brainer and should be worth $800- $1000 easily being dual signed. what I wasn't expecting was for these to be mass-produced and signed as they obviously were to still be selling this much later. I don't know but I'm guessing that their previous solo books were signed in a much smaller number which is why those are still worth more than these are even though they only have one signature.    

Yeah, also I think they saw these were selling so they probably added more copies to the run.

I would be very curious to learn what is the actual number of signed copies of Renegades and the actual number of signed copies of A Promised Land. 

Also does anyone know the second half of A Promised Land is scheduled for release and when/where I should be looking for its signed Deluxe edition? 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2022   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service